Perpetual Fraud

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2017
Bermuda Trip 4-23-2017 To 4-30-2017

Room: 8736

We paid for a room with balcony. Were unable to use the balcony. Water from pipes splashed to our balcony randomly. Our clothing and our bodies got soiled until finally we realized that the dirty water does not come from the ocean but from the pipe over our balcony (A/C condenser). We felt like prisoners in our room. We did not know when the dirty water would splash over us.

We might as well have been in a room without a balcony! Therefore, we would like to receive the difference between a room with balcony and one without. We do not wish to receive credit for a future trip.

We declined the offer to move to an inferior room.

We found the contact info for NCL via your web site and communicated our situation. They responded with offer for future cruise credit, which we had already indicated was not acceptable.

We believe NCL is engaged in perpetual Fraud. Knowingly sell a defected/unusable deck on every cruise. By the time the poor passenger finds out the problem, half the cruise is gone! If one complains, they offer credit on future cruises. I believe the physical problem, defected pipes, are not corrected. This is fraud!

We still seek only a partial refund, which is the difference between room with a cabin and one without.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
How much water are we talking here - a few drops, a puddle, a flood? Also, did you let the cruise line know while you were aboard and did they try to repair the pipe by insulating it or via another meanns?

Ac condensation water is pretty clean normally, so I wonder if that was it or if there was another issue.

Jul 29, 2017

We paid for a room with balcony. Were unable to use the balcony. Water from pipes splashed to our balcony randomly. Our clothing and our bodies got soiled until finally we realized that the dirty water does not come from the ocean but from the pipe over our balcony (A/C condenser). We felt like prisoners in our room. We did not know when the dirty water would splash over us.

We might as well have been in a room without a balcony! Therefore, we would like to receive the difference between a room with balcony and one without. We do not wish to receive credit for a future trip.

We found the contact info for NCL via your web site and communicated our situation. They responded with offer for future cruise credit, which we had already indicated was not acceptable.

We believe NCL is engaged in perpetual Fraud. Knowingly sell a defected/unusable deck on every cruise. By the time the poor passenger finds out the problem, half the cruise is gone! If one complains, they offer credit on future cruises. I believe the physical problem, defected pipes, are not corrected. This is fraud!

We still seek only a partial refund, which is the difference between room with a cabin and one without.
Amount of water: deck floor was wet, our clothing, chairs, the glass doors under the pipe were wet. we did contact the cruise staff. We did not accept their offer of swapping for an inferior room. No one repaired the pipe.

technomage1

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
I would suggest sending a short, polite email to the first executive in our company contacts explaining your problem and asking for a refund of the difference between a balcony and non balcony cabin. Write one exec at a time, and do not start with the CEO.

When you write, thank them for the credit offer but explain you don't cruise often enough for it to be useful. I'd also avoid mentions of fraud. A leaky or poorly designed/repair pipe isn't a widespread indication of fraud unless you can prove every balcony room had the same problem.

Good luck to you.

Jul 29, 2017

I did send a polite and "to the Point" email to NCL. I mentioned that credit for future cruise was unacceptable. But got rejected twice!

Jul 29, 2017
How much water are we talking here - a few drops, a puddle, a flood? Also, did you let the cruise line know while you were aboard and did they try to repair the pipe by insulating it or via another meanns?

Ac condensation water is pretty clean normally, so I wonder if that was it or if there was another issue.
In good faith I followed all the contact rules, email and phone calls to NCL. I was rejected on all fronts. That is why I tried Elliott Help Desk.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You won't get a refund but they will give you what they offered you - a credit toward a future cruise so they can show you that what you had was an abberation.

If you have gone all the way up the executive chain m, go back to our help button, tell them you have gone all the way up the chain and not received what you want which is a partial refund. State that we referred you back on the forums.

Do NOT accuse them of fraud. This is not fraud it is simply a case of a cabin that needs to be fixed. If you accused them of fraud in your letters- that turns off whoever you are writing to because it is simply not true.

Did they tell you that they had a full ship and didn't have another cabin in the same category that was empty? That would be the only reason they would move you to a lower category.

Status
Not open for further replies.