PayPal

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 18, 2019
I sold a chanel blouse on eBay. The woman who purchased my blouse had the blouse from August 2, 2019 to August 9, 2019 before contacting ebay directly saying she wanted to return the blouse. She lied and said there was a deoderant stain on the blouse. She said she would produce photos but neglected to. Ebay closed the case in my favor due to her lack of information (there was no deoderant stains on the blouse) Buyer opened the same case with PayPal first siting she never recieved the garment, then changed her story and said the item was not as described. It is described to a T perfectly and again she provided no proof as to her allegations. i submitted pictures of the blouse from my ebay listing to prove it is described as is. I keep getting the Phillipine paypal people who seem to not be knowledgeable or care so much. Paypal let her return the blouse to me and refunded the money to her $600. The buyer destroyed my blouse it has slit marks in it as if she must of handled it with her nails , as well as it is wrinkled, smells of perfume and has powder all over the front. I cannot sell it , as it is ruined. I would like paypal to reimburse me the money they took from my paypal account! Please help me. Thank you.

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
If you have not done so already, you can escalate this via email.

I recommend a format that is similar to this:
  • I sold a Chanel blouse on eBay for $600 (paid thru PayPal
  • The buyer had the item from August to August 9 at which point she wanted to return the blouse
  • She said she would produce photos of the "claimed" deodorant stain, but did not
  • The blouse had no stains so eBay ruled in my favor
  • She then opened a case with PayPal stating first that she did not receive the item but then that the item was not as described. No proof was submitted.
  • I submitted pictures of the blouse from my eBay listing to prove it is described perfectly
  • PayPal allowed the return and refunded her money
  • The returned blouse now has marks, smells of perfume and has powder all over the front. I cannot resell it, as it is now ruined
  • Given these facts, I would like PayPal to reimburse me the money they took from my PayPal account
Your anger is understandable, but could have a negative effect in an email. The facts I have shown above will demonstrate that "she lied". Also, I would not comment about "Philippine PayPal people who seem to not be knowledgeable or care so much". It is not relevant to your case, and again would be a negative statement that might offend. You want them to receive your email in a positive light.

IMPORTANT: when you reach out to the corporate level . . .
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite and professional
Do not attach files - explain that you can send them separately if necessary
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in our company contacts for Paypal (that is a link)
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level