PayPal Unauthorized Charge

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 16, 2019
I had $80 withdrawn from my PayPal account that is linked to my checking account and paid as friends and family to a person I do not know at all. Anyway, I filed a dispute and recieved an automated response that my claim would be researched and could take a week or so to resolve. Within an hour or so, I received a response stating that it was denied due to it being consistent with my account history, which makes no sense because I've never authorized a transfer to the unknown individual and don't use the account to transfer gift payments. I didn't feel like they truly researched the issue, so I contacted my bank to initiate a dispute of the transaction. I emailed 2 contacts on the exec list about a week apart but never received a response. I had also tried [email protected] and [email protected] but recieved a undeliverable notification. I successfully emailed jrainey and Dan at PayPal but never heard anything. I'm new to this, so any other course of action I should take to get the money back? My bank is looking into it now but not sure how that will turn out.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If PayPal is not intending to re-open a case, you usually won’t receive a reply. Has it been at least a week since you wrote?

Do you normally pay others personally out of your PayPal account? It sounds like you account may have been hacked and you should be concerned with that.

Nov 16, 2019
I normally use it to pay Ebay invoices but not to send money to other. My bank has placed a stop pay to PayPal and are looking into my claim. Not sure what the outcome will be.

It has not yet been a full week since my last email. Maybe about 4 days since the last email I sent.