Paypal permanently limited

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 22, 2018
hi, i was limited earlier this year, first temporarily, then after giving information, the error "you cant use paypal anymore" showed up.

before i continue, i was helping my friend when they needed. all was fine for months.

so, i called, because email support cant help much. and they told me the reason was- my friends account was negative a few times, and that was suspicious.
oh, well how does that affect me? my account should be in good standing, nothing wrong doing. i dont see why i get closed.
its been many months, idk why theirs were negative... i dont see how thats even possible tbh. unless 0$ is negative... but then, even mine would be. because i use my bank directly. i would never leave a penny in paypal.

i feel like ive been wrongfully banned, without a chance to be heard.
i dont know what to do at this point.
should i try and get a supervisor/executive?
bbb dispute?
keep being public?
have a legal document written?

all ive wanted was someone to actually work with me regarding it.
i get automated responses and maybe a human reviewing info i sent in. but bot response doesnt say call/email said human(s).
just "send information we request"

it astounds me that they make it so hard. its like they dont want us.
this is an important decision, shouldnt both parties be working together 100%?

Sep 22, 2018
nope, actually they are states away.
im guessing they can see me sending money to them? or maybe they have file notes from the reviewer? i dont know how paypal works, and they didnt go into much detail besides "it seems your friends account has been negative a few times and this was suspicious to us"

edit- it seems only i was limited as well, they didnt get limited as far as i know.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018
yeah, but its them (my friend). its their end, not mine. they didnt get any limitations temporary or permanent.
i have no idea what or why their end was like that, and paypal punishes me.

and yeah.... read it many times. its not very useful against a permanent :/
i need like, someone with power to review and reverse