PayPal holding funds 180 days

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 29, 2018
PayPal decided to hold $2,600+ because of items I sold on eBay. I spoke to a rep when I first received the email about the limitations and he stated it was because PayPal didn’t like the amount I sold the items for. They are holding funds under the user agreement policy. All customers have had their products for approximately 50 days. I even have customers leave positive feedback for the items they’ve received. My account has been frozen for 54 days. I have emailed and called PayPal several times but my funds are still being held. Can anyone advise me on the next steps to take?

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
May we ask what the items were and how much they sold for? If the value appears to be higher than the items are worth, this is an indication of money laundering or sale of illicit items. It is entirely possible the hold is there to give them time to report it to the appropriate authorities for investigation, or it could be they are just waiting to see if one of your customers files a complaint!