PayPal freezing accounts no reason and refusing to give money back to specially in emergency

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Christmas Eve they placed permanent limitations on my business and personal accounts because I had to Prior accounts never notified me or anything they hang up on me they don't call back they don't email me I don't have any fraud or anything it's just because of those two prior accounts and I had no way to take care of them because at the time I was incarcerated I did not know I wasnt able to open two accounts I'm not negative in these they are holding my money and refusing to give it to me or to do any refund back to my boss the only person that sends me money they are rude and disrespectful they hang up don't answer emails nothing I have four month old baby that sick I need my money and they won't give it to me or do a temporary transfer to part of my funds under gmail.com and @gmail.com
Note- edited by moderator to remove email address

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 16, 2018
There are many reasons that PayPal may have closed your accounts, not just because there was a negative balance. You state you have a business account, having a business account gives PayPal more permissions to scrutinize your activities. Would you post a copy of the email you sent to PayPal so that we may see what your correspondence was?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Log Out
Settings

William Pranskat

MENU
Summary
  • 1Notifications

Sent

How to resolve an account limitation

12/25/18 at 7:45 AM
Hi I'd like to know what's going on why you guys put a limitation and shut me down on Christmas Day and not allow me to get my money and also why is there a dispute are $5 charge I sent that I never even filed your system has been messing up and I want this limitation removed and I want my money there is no reason for this and I want an answer and I want an answer now this is xxxxxxxxxx you guys did it to my business account to under xxxxxxx there's no reason why you guys need to put limitation on me and not doing nothing wrong my account is all legit
user_account_type : PREMIER
user_device_type : MOBILE
user_customer_experience : PREMIER
b
w
Messages are available in the Message Center for 90 days from the day originally sent. If you would like a copy of any messages prior to that timeframe, please contact us.
©1999-2019 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.
The money in your PayPal balance is eligible for pass-through FDIC insurance.

Edited by moderator to remove your email address for internet safety and profanity. Profanity is not permitted.

The PayPal Cash Mastercard is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.

You are allowed with PayPal to have a business and personal but I had two old accounts that were shut down on me but didn't know that I wasn't allowed to open up Paypal again therefore they shut and put limitations on mine to where I can't access my funds for 6 months and my boss that has PayPal has sent me money before the limitation was from Two Old prior accounts I had no control of because I was incarcerated at the time so they shut my accounts down never told me I couldn't make new ones

I'm sorry about that if you guys can't really understand what I was saying but there is only a one way street they would never email me back and if I did get an email it was from their automated people wasn't actually from somebody themselves

Log Out
Settings

William Pranskat

MENU
Summary
  • 1Notifications

Sent

Questions about account limitations XXXXXXX

12/27/18 at 11:57 PM
PayPal Customer Support :

So this is the situation aint none of u people email or call back. Im not asking for full access to my business nor personal accounts. I asking for one of my accounts to be lifted enough to let me transfer my money the gentleman that sent it isnt going to dispute anything cause im his family n worker as u can see from prior transactions.plz that was my xmas money he sent to me n u guys froze them without no email or. Phone. Call im. Just begging. For one account temporary so. I. Can. Transfer to my card. Plz thank you XXXXXXXWilliam Pranskat

Hello William Pranskat,

Thanks for contacting us. Based on your selection, we’re sending you this automated response that explains why your account is limited, and how to remove the limitation.

If these do not answer your question, please reply to this email and our customer service team will be happy to assist you.

Before you start
If your account is limited, it means that you won’t be able to do certain things with your PayPal account. For example, you might not be able to send or withdraw money.

Usually, we ask you to complete one or more tasks to remove your account limitation. For your convenience, we always list the steps to remove the limitation in the Resolution Center under Steps to Remove Limitation.

If you received an email stating that your account is limited, but don't see any steps in the Resolution Center, forward it to spoof@paypal.com and we’ll investigate it for you. After you send us the email, delete it from your inbox. If you clicked on any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log in to your account and view your transactions. It’s also a good idea to change your password.

If all the steps are completed and your account remains limited, it means one of 2 things:

• We've sent you an email asking for more information, or​
  • We're reviewing your case, and we'll email you with our decision, usually within 3 business days.​

We will notify you by email of our decision.

What to do

1. Click the Notifications button beside the Settings icon at the top of the page. If you can't see a Notifications button, go to your Resolution Center.​
  2. On the Resolution Center, scroll down to the "Begin a limitation review" section.​
  3. Click the first Resolve button and follow the instructions provided. Note: If one of the steps involves confirming your location, be sure to select a landline number where we can call you. We cannot use your cell phone number to confirm your location.​
  4. Repeat step 3 for each item in the "Begin a limitation review" section.​
  5. After you complete the steps, we will evaluate your case. We try to resolve all cases within 3 business days.​

If you complete the steps and we ask you for more information by email, please respond as soon as possible so we can resolve your case.

Thanks,
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2018 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Messages are available in the Message Center for 90 days from the day originally sent. If you would like a copy of any messages prior to that timeframe, please contact us.
©1999-2019 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.
The money in your PayPal balance is eligible for pass-through FDIC insurance.
The PayPal Cash Mastercard is issued by The Bancorp Bank pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Bancorp Bank; Member FDIC.

EDITED TO REMOVE PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR YOUR INTERNET SAFETY.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Please do not post your personal email information , case numbers of phone numbers in your posts. Someone can take that information and damage your account with it.

Your letter is also very unclear and demanding and you won’t get a satisfactory response by writing that way. First you talk about having mutliple Amazon accounts and now you say it is PayPal. You are responsible for knowing the rules for either PayPal or Amazon, regardless of where you were years ago.

Please read the link I gave you in post 3 that tells you how to write an effective letter. No one can understand the issue the way you wrote.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm sorry about that if you guys can't really understand what I was saying but there is only a one way street they would never email me back and if I did get an email it was from their automated people wasn't actually from somebody themselves
Part of the issue you are having is communication. This post you've made is unreadable. You are using no punctuation and your message is not clear. Probably nobody at PayPal is reading your message, it's just discarded without being read. Why not make a list of the facts, using a number for each? We may be able to help you but we need to understand the details of the problem.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Please do not post your personal email information , case numbers of phone numbers in your posts. Someone can take that information and damage your account with it.

Your letter is also very unclear and demanding and you won’t get a satisfactory response by writing that way. First you talk about having mutliple Amazon accounts and now you say it is PayPal. You are responsible for knowing the rules for either PayPal or Amazon, regardless of where you were years ago.

Please read the link I gave you in post 3 that tells you how to write an effective letter. No one can understand the issue the way you wrote.

Also, what does PayPal have to do with Amazon?
Neil, I haven't seen a reference to Amazon, I think the problem is with PayPal.

In the midst of writing to them emailing them they were making me extremely mad and upset the problem was that they froze my account on Christmas Eve that's me broke because of their screw up I didn't know I wasn't allowed to open up two new accounts when they had closed my other ones nom nom nom nom no

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
In the midst of writing to them emailing them they were making me extremely mad and upset the problem was that they froze my account on Christmas Eve that's me broke because of their screw up I didn't know I wasn't allowed to open up two new accounts when they had closed my other ones nom nom nom nom no
But it is your responsibility to know the rules. And if you write, you must keep profanity out of your letter as well as things like "nom nom nom nom no:.

Please make a chronological list of what happened and we can try to help you. You say "I don't have any fraud or anything it's just because of those two prior accounts and I had no way to take care of them because at the time I was incarcerated I did not know I wasn't able to open two accounts " - so you did know you had accounts before, correct?

You have to do what we call "artful begging" to ask them to re-open an account for you. That means confessing you didn't know it wasn't permitted, telling them why you had the other accounts and why they were opened and respectfully asking them to give you another chance.

Never said amazon. Its always been paypal sorry if u had gotten confused. Ive been extremely upset n irrate because of how embarrassed i felt since christmas eve. N now my 4 month old boy is sick n still cant use my money for 180days. My boss sent me that money for xmas n my family n i cant even get it nor touch it. Im not the only person that they have done this too. They keep saying the samething over n over. I even explained to them if they really wanted to let me transfer some funds they could cause others have threatened them in the past. Anywhere from 2 day

Your account access is permanently limited
After a review, we noticed that you are in violation of the User Agreement, the Commercial Entity Agreement, the Acceptable Use Policy, or another agreement you have with PayPal. Because of this, we've limited your account and can no longer offer our services to you. Our decision was based on terms outlined in these agreements. You'll still be able to view your transaction history, but you won't be able to send or receive money. Says nothing about transferring or withdrawing

Jan 2, 2019

Your PayPal account is Verified and your sending limits were removed

Hello William Pranskat,
Your GREEN DOT BANK bank account x-xx40 was confirmed, and your sending limits were removed.
Your PayPal account is Verified
Now that your account is Verified, you can send payments from your bank account even when your PayPal balance is zero.
Verification increases customer trust, so thank you for taking this extra step, and enjoy the benefits of being a Verified PayPal member.
Sincerely,
PayPal
Just got this in my business account but still cant withdraw nor transfer. I just want my money from my personal n business accounts dont wanna keep using paypal