PAYPAL DISAPPOINTMENT!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 14, 2018
PayPal (Ebay)

ATT PAYPAL :
PRESIDENT/CEO: DAN SHULMAN:
ATT COMPLAINT DEPT
ATT OWNERS PAYPAL:

THIS IS THE 5TH TIME I HAVE CONTACTED PAYPAL REGARDING 2PAYMENTS THAT I SENT FROM MY BBT BANK BILL PAY TO A PAYPAL CUSTOMERS ACCT THAT THEY DID NOT RECEIVE. I WAS TOLD BACK IN DEC THAT PAYPAL WOULD RETURN THE 2 BBT CHECKS BACK TO MY BANK OR MY PAYPAL ACCT AND AS OF TODAY I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY BBT CHECKS BACK. PAYPAL IS NOT SUPPOSE TO KEEP CUSTOMERS MONEY WHEN WE SEND IT TO THE WRONG PAYPAL DEPT AND PAYPAL CREDIT CARD ACCT NUMBER. WHERE ARE MY BBT CHECKS??????
SINCERELY
JAMES TURPIN

TO PAYPAL CEO DAN SHULMAN,

I CONTACTED PAYPAL IN DEC 2017 REGARDING 2 BILL PAY CHECKS THAT WERE SENT BY ME FROM MY BANK BBT TO PAYPAL. IT WAS THE FIRST I HAVE USED BILL PAY TO I ACCIDENTALLY SENT THE CHECKS TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT AND THE WRONG ACCOUNT NUMBER. IN DEC MY PROXY CONTACTED PAYPAL ABOUT THIS ISSUE, THEN I TRIED CALLING PAYPAL BUT I COULD NOT FIND YOUR TDD NUMBER. NOW ITS FEB AND YOU GUYS STILL HAVE MY 2 CHECKS IN THE WRONG PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND MY NEXT STEP IS CALLING AN ATTORNEY. CAN A SUPERVISOR HELP ME?
SINCERELY, JAMES TURPIN.

TO PAYPAL CREDIT PO BOX 105658 ATLANTA GA 30348 MY BANK, BBT MAILED 2 BILL PAY CHECKS SENT TO PAYPAL CREDIT ACCOUNT FROM MY BANK FOR A PREPAID MASTERCARD ACCOUNT PAYPAL CUSTOMER , BUT THE 2 CHECKS WERE SENT TO THE WRONG PAYPAL ACCOUNT NUMBER
AND TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT, PAYPAL CREDIT DEPARTMENT ACCIDENTALLY. THE 2CHECKS WERE SUPPOSE TO GO TO PAYPAL CUSTOMER PAYPAL BUSINESS PREPAID MASTERCARD ACCOUNT #XXXXXXXEX BBT BANK CHECK NUMBER XXXXXXX$38.00 DATE DEC 4 2017 AND BBT BANK CHECK NUMBER XXXXX $201.63 DATE DEC 4 2017. I WOULD LIKE THE CHECKS TO BE CREDITED TO THE CORRECT PAYPAL BUSINESS PREPAID MASTERCARD ACCOUNT OR MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT OR MAIL THE CHECKS BACK TO MY BANK OR MAIL ME A CHECK.

THANK YOU SINCERELY,
JAMES T

BBT BILL PAY FROM MY ACCOUNT TO PAYPAL TO PAY PAYPAL CUSTOMERS
BBT ACCOUNT #
BBT ACCOUNT RT

What's your desired resolution? To HAVE MY BILL PAY CHECKS RETURNED TO MY BANK BBT FOR CREDIT OR CREDIT MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT OR CREDIT THE ACCOUNT TO THE PAYPAL CUSTOMER IT WAS SUPPOSE TO GO TO!

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 239.00

Date of transaction/travel date: 2017-12-04

NOTE: Edited by Moderator to remove bank account, credit card, address and email addresses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I don’t quite understand what happened. What were you paying? Were these paying bills?

From what you said, YOU sent it to the wrong account, not PayPal. They can’t force the other company do give the money back. They simply deliver the money to who you put as the payee.

Were these sent to pay 2 PayPal credit cards? If so, use our company contacts on top of our pages, find the contacts for PayPal and write to them starting at customer service and going up the executive chain as the the instructions advise you to do.

You made the mistake, not PayPal so your letter should be apologetic and nicely asking for help.
We have company contacts on top of our pages- find the intact for PayPal and start writing the way we advise you to in the Company Contacts

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Two things pop out at me here. One, sending any communication in all caps or bold likely results in it being discarded immediately. Second, we need to see a concise list of the facts in chronological order. We will be happy to advise you once we understand all the details.

Sep 19, 2015
I also do not understand what happened but I would advise the OP to edit out all the personal information. I think I see a bank account number as well as a credit card number.
Also threatening to call an attorney when it was user error may not be the best tactic

Sep 19, 2015
I think the OP may be hearing impaired as a TDD phone number is mentioned. Those devices only submit in all capital letters, so that may be what the OP is used to.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
I think the OP may be hearing impaired as a TDD phone number is mentioned. Those devices only submit in all capital letters, so that may be what the OP is used to.
Good catch, just went back and tried to find that “Hidden” away in the post.

The OP would be best served by a Bullet style message detailing the facts and nothing extra.

Mar 14, 2018
WHY IM UPSET AND WHAT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND IS THAT I CONTACTED PAYPAL CUSTOMER SERVICE IN DEC 2017 AND EXPLAINED TO THEM THAT I AUTHORIZED MY BANK TO DO 2 BILL PAYS TO PAYPAL BUT I HAD THE PAYPAL CUSTOMER WRONG ACCOUNT NUMBER AND THE 2 CHECKS WENT TO TGE WRONG DEPT, IT WENT TO PAYPAL CREDIT CARD DEPT NOT TO PAYPAL PREPAID BUSINESS MASTERCARD ACCOUNT, THATS NUMBER 1, NUMBER 2, THE ACCOUNT I SENT IT TO WAS THE WRING ACCOUNT NUMBER AND I HAD ONLY 7 OR 8 NUMERS, NOT THE CORRECT 16 DIGIT PREPAID CREDIT ACCOUNT NUMBER, SO WHEN I CALLED AND EXPLAINED ALL THAT TO THEM CUSTOMER SERVICE TRANSFERED ME TO PAYPAL CREDIT CARD DEPT WHO VERIFIED MY TWO BILL PAY CHECKS WERE IN THEIR DEPT JUST FLOATING AROUND, THEY WERE NOT APPLIED TO ANY ACCOUNT BECAUSE I SUBMITTED AN INCOMPLETE ACCOUT NUMBER, THEN I WAS TOKD THEY WOULD RESEARCH AND FIND MY CHECKS AND MAIL THEM BACK TO ME. THEY SAID IT WOULD TAKE UP TO 10BUSINESS DAYS, I EVEN TOLD THEM THEY COYLD JUST FIND THE CHECKS AND MAIL THEM BACK TO MY BANK OR TO ME. THAT WAS BACK IN DEC 2017 I WAITED 10 DAYS AND MY CHECKS WERE NEVER RETURNED TO ME OR TO MY BANK. THEY KEPT MY MONEY EVEN THOUGH THEY SAID THEY DID NOT GO INTO NO PAYPAL ACCOUNTS BECAUSE I HAD THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT INCOMPLETE.
AND I HAVE BEEN GETTING THE RUN AROUND EVER SINCE.
JAMES TURPIN

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Thanks for clarifying- we totally understand now.

Going straight to the President usually doesn’t work. Please use our company contacts and start with the first executive and clearly explain what happened- your letter is a little confusing.

Find out the date the check was cashed and email something like this- short and to the point.

Bullet point the facts-

- On Xx/xx I initialed a transfer from my bank account at whatever the bank name was.
- I wanted to pay my bill for account number xxxxxxxxxx
- I incorrectly sent the check with this incorrect t account number on it -xxxxxxxxx

To date my payment want applied to my account but the checks were paid on xx/xx

I am asking for your help in having the payment properly applied. I have been working on this since December and no one has been able to find where the payment went.

Sincerely,

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Ok, now that I have re-read what I believe happened. Your bank needs to provide you with copies (front and back) of the 2 cancelled checks. Maybe they already have? Did you get any email verification from your bank and/or PayPal at the time the 2 payments/checks were submitted? You need to supply this proof (I’m sure you did) again and say where the funds should have been applied. And ask them to research as to were the payments actually got applied.

Yes, you need to start over, new approach is needed!
I understand that you have a Vision issue and that is why you have used All capital letters. Your style of writing may work for you but it is very off putting to any reader who may attempt to understand your issue. You may want to get someone to help you rewrite your letter and be very very brief and polite (remember you get more flies with honey). You need to get the reader of your letter to be able to quickly and easily understand what happened and actually Want to help you.
Don’t call the front line customer service agents are useless and do not have to tools or ability to fix your problem.
We list the PayPal contact info on this site - see link below

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/paypal/

Start with Shawn Farrell and send him your first letter (email) do not send a mass email to everyone. If you have a Case # preciously supplied by PP include it at the top as a reference as they may have already researched this case and thought it had been fixed. But remember brief & polite is the key to getting help! Good luck!

LOL I see Neil beat me to it!

Jul 13, 2016
I wonder if the letter should begin with the OP's need for large letters--that would go a long way to getting the letter read, if the recipient understands OP is not shouting!

Something like,
PLEASE FORGIVE THE CAPITAL LETTERS, AS I HAVE A VISUAL IMPAIRMENT, or something to that effect?

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
I wonder if the letter should begin with the OP's need for large letters--that would go a long way to getting the letter read, if the recipient understands OP is not shouting!

Something like,
PLEASE FORGIVE THE CAPITAL LETTERS, AS I HAVE A VISUAL IMPAIRMENT, or something to that effect?
Excellent thought! But paragraph and better spacing would still be needed.

Mar 14, 2018
thank you everyone for your responses, back in DEC I did try customer first who said they understood what happened and said they would mail my bill pay checks back to me, then I waited and they never came. then I contacted my bank BBT and they verified they sent the 2 checks to PayPal credit department. I have copies of them. I did ask my bank to request the checks back but BBT said once the bill pay checks are mailed out that's it, out of their their hands. So next I started emailing the CEO last week. I'm old I'm frustrated I'm on a limited income and now I'm ready to give up!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Have the checks even been cashed? Is they have not, your bank should stop payment on them and then send them properly. If they have been paid, your bank can send you copies that can can mail to PayPal.

This is a simple solution. It shouldn’t take this long to fix.

Did PayPal tell you the checks were deposited?

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Don’t give up! This can be fixed but starting over May need to happen. Did PayPal give you any kind of case # or send you an email confirming it’s investigating this event? I apologize if you mentioned it above but I have tried to read your post a couple times and still understand just the bare facts.