Passengers don't get Full Info although they paid for it

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
This may be a new one for you--though in your biz you've probably
seen and heard about everything.

I'm a travel agent and have a family that is flying to Madrid from SFO on an AA/IB code
share. I wanted to get them seating on the over-the-water IB segments.

IB refused to give me the full record locator number. This is
confusing. . . the clients purchased the space on AA and on IB. They
own three seats on the IB segments. Without the complete record
locator number they cannot do advanced check-in, check status, etc.

This sounds fishy. Is it? How can IB withhold info the client has a
right to know even if it is an AA ticket? It's a single ticket code share.

Sep 19, 2015
This may be a new one for you--though in your biz you've probably
seen and heard about everything.

I'm a travel agent and have a family that is flying to Madrid from SFO on an AA/IB code
share. I wanted to get them seating on the over-the-water IB segments.

IB refused to give me the full record locator number. This is
confusing. . . the clients purchased the space on AA and on IB. They
own three seats on the IB segments. Without the complete record
locator number they cannot do advanced check-in, check status, etc.

This sounds fishy. Is it? How can IB withhold info the client has a
right to know even if it is an AA ticket? It's a single ticket code share.
Don't they have the info on their confirmations? Did you make the bookings? Maybe they do not want to give the info out over the phone, how can they really know that who you are? I am thinking vengeful ex cancelling a reservation or something like that.

Don't they have the info on their confirmations? Did you make the bookings? Maybe they do not want to give the info out over the phone, how can they really know that who you are? I am thinking vengeful ex cancelling a reservation or something like that.
I made the booking directly in SABRE. AA says you have to call IB for seating on their flights. I called IB. They did help with seating at a cost. But they would not give out the full record locator number. I said, "but when the client is in Spain and wants to check in on your flight back to the US." No go IB refused to give the full record locator number.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
The airline you booked with should be able to give you the record locator for both but if they won't, each airline should be able to give you the record locator for their segment. Admittedly I've never tried with Iberia but I've never had issues getting the BA locator from AA when I booked a codeshare through AA and same goes for United with Lufthansa and Delta with Virgin.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I made the booking directly in SABRE. AA says you have to call IB for seating on their flights. I called IB. They did help with seating at a cost. But they would not give out the full record locator number. I said, "but when the client is in Spain and wants to check in on your flight back to the US." No go IB refused to give the full record locator number.
Won't the Iberia record locator show up on their outbound boarding passes?