Palladium Travel Club

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 2, 2019
Palladium Travel Club high pressure sales got us. Kept lowering the price and time until they convinced us that it was really worth a try. We were there for over 8 hours with no lunch given or asked. We signed up for a low price (little over $5,000) and minimal stays thinking it would be worth a try. We were supposed to go to a members only party one night to be able to talk to members that have been using their membership. That party was conveniently canceled. Go home and forget about it until you start planning for vacation again and find out there are more fees and other stipulations. Mind boggling to try to figure it all out again. Just want my money back and cancel the membership. Tried to contact one of their upper employees but their linkedin account came back Profile not found. Any help would be appreciated.

Jul 30, 2018
How long has it been since you purchased the membership? You need to read the paperwork regarding the cancellation process. If it has been 72 hours, then chances are you are beyond the cancellation period. I recommend you read the article tacked up at the top: " Can I really get out of a time share".

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Eight hours? How awful. I am so very sorry that they managed to ruin another traveller's life. It's such a terrible issue; you're an adult who signed a contract ... the authorities can do very little to help.

Jul 30, 2018
Eight hours? How awful. I am so very sorry that they managed to ruin another traveller's life. It's such a terrible issue; you're an adult who signed a contract ... the authorities can do very little to help.
My thoughts exactly: *8* hours! Indecent for sure. I almost get the impression that folks will buy it just so they can leave.

Jul 30, 2018
They don’t know they can walk out after the time they signed up for. We’ve done it - you just have to be strong and get up and say you are leaving, the time is up.
Exactly. I'm guessing that the "guest" feels the pressure to stick it out so they can collect the free gift that lured them into attending in the first place.

Feb 21, 2018
Neil is absolutely correct - no one is forced to remain for upwards of 8 hours. There may have been an agreed-upon two hours (that seems to be the norm that I've seen) and once that commitment is reached you can just get up, say "Thank you, not interested" and walk out.

No free gift is worth sacrificing 8 hours of your vacation time.

Jul 30, 2018
Neil is absolutely correct - no one is forced to remain for upwards of 8 hours. There may have been an agreed-upon two hours (that seems to be the norm that I've seen) and once that commitment is reached you can just get up, say "Thank you, not interested" and walk out.

No free gift is worth sacrificing 8 hours of your vacation time.
Excellent point: the longer you stay the more it eats away at your vacation time.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Excellent point: the longer you stay the more it eats away at your vacation time.
The longer you stay the more likely you are to sign because of their promises.

When we got up after two hours the employee was angry and tried to block the door. The price also dropped in half but we pointed to our watch, told him the 2 hours was up and we expected our certificate for whatever dinner we were supposed to be rewarded with. We opened the door and told the employee if he touched us we were calling the police.

We got our certificate and left.

Best advice- don’t go in the first place or Google complaints about whatever company you are at time share complaints. If these things were a great idea and a terrific value- they’d let you think about it overnight and come back the next day and sign.

My wife had a friend that sold these over the phone. He lasted a month because he said he couldn’t lie to people about buying these as they were a huge rip off.

Sep 2, 2019
Thanks for all the replies. I am generally smarter than this but I think we felt the pressure and lack of food to stay clear minded. They came down in price from around $30K with more weeks to what I signed up for, $5,200. I really feel sorry for the people that actually sign up for the $30K package!! All resorts do this and there should be a way or more blog sites other than this one that we could really get the truth out there for anyone traveling to an out of the country resort. Anyone know of any? I'll post my experience there.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you look at the fact that there are many people who won’t even go to these presentations, most people are already aware of what they do.

We tell every client we send to a resort that offers time shares not to fall for them and refuse to even attend. They frame these as tours of the resort and are in fact presentations.

Sorry you fell for this.

Sep 2, 2019
Sent an email I got from one of their customer sites to
[email protected] on the 3rd but no response yet. Probably won't get one. trying to find other ways to contact someone with authority. This email address seems like it would be to someone at the location where I purchased the membership. I need someone in the main office. Any thoughts on where I can find that. I don't want to have to join linkedin but I will if it the last resort to contact someone.

Bob

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Sent an email I got from one of their customer sites to
[email protected] on the 3rd but no response yet. Probably won't get one. trying to find other ways to contact someone with authority. This email address seems like it would be to someone at the location where I purchased the membership. I need someone in the main office. Any thoughts on where I can find that. I don't want to have to join linkedin but I will if it the last resort to contact someone.

Bob
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/palladium-travel-club/

Sep 2, 2019
Thanks I will wait for a week and a couple of days. Yes I saw and have the linkedin contacts but as I mentioned you have to join linkedin. I will join linkedin as last resort. weihlac thanks that site is where I got the number to call but it for reservations. I did not try the email [email protected] yet.

Sep 2, 2019
Just an update. I did get a reply from a representative asking why I was not happy with the membership. I have replied just today so we will see what she says. She also gace me a phone number to contact her but it is out of the country so I didn't call.