Palladium Travel Club Misunderstanding

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 11, 2019
Myself and my husband were on our honeymoon last year around this time at TRS Yucatán Resort. The last day we were there 9/28 we had to attend a sales meeting and were pressured into a membership for Palladium Travel Club/World Pass. I can’t tell you how many times we told them no, the free drinks and the pressure just continued. We put a sum of money down that day, and are making monthly installments. However this membership is not at all what was explained to us- we thought that what we paid/are paying for was vacation time. After further speaking with a representative of Palladium that is not the case, we are paying for a ‘membership’ which includes the ability to book at a discounted rate. We have tried everything in our power to get out of this mess. I was hoping maybe you could help us like you helped Esmeralda Nicolescu. Travel Club is poorly explained. It appears they do not have a cancellation policy unless there is a breach of contract on their side. I just need help.
Thank you.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You can search these posts and see what others have done. After a year you are beyond the cancel period (usually 3 DAYS). Your experience is a recurring one with Palladium and other "travel clubs". They get you to sign a long term payment agreement and offer virtually nothing you cannot get on your own.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This is typical of time share sales and I’m sorry you got caught up in it. The only thing you can rely on in a time share is what is on the paperwork you sign. They will tell you anything verbally to get you to sign and we have the most number of complaints about Palladium.

You can’t get out of it in most cases unless what your written contract says has a breach and especially not a year later. You most likely need an attorney to try to get you out of this or you need to sell it at a loss.

You might want to read the advice on these and follow the info on how to write to them.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/palladium-travel-club.10990/

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/cancellation-travel-club-membership-grand-palladium-resort.9477/

Good luck.

Jan 6, 2015
In April of 2019, Michelle Couch-Friedman (ellliott.org Administrator), posted this about Palladium : "We are unable to negotiate consumers out of these contracts months after the deal. We do not have a legal team here. I would recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss your options."

However, there are contacts for Palladium on this site. They do not show email addresses, but I was able to "validate"
the syntax to be [email protected], where completename is aaa.bbb.ccc.

For example: JoseJavier de la Iglesia becomes [email protected]

Writing suggestions
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite and professional
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level indicated in the list shown below
Present a brief summary (list) of your case and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Why were you forced to attend this sales presentation? Were you the guests of the resort in exchange? I think it's important for you to clarify and detail the "free drinks and pressure" you received. It's difficult to comprehend why you wouldn't just leave the room. Were you physically restrained from doing so?

It's probable that you cannot get this contract declared null and void after all this time. Have you researched their benefits? Are they offering meaningful discounts on travel? Is there anything that will justify continuing to make the installment payments to make the situation less painful? I'm so sorry this happened to you.

May 1, 2018
It's difficult to comprehend why you wouldn't just leave the room.
Some people will find the pressure unbearable so they will choose to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to make the pressure stop because they don't think getting up and walking away is an option. High-pressure sales tactics take advantage of specific types of personalities. My mother in law is a prime example; she feels that she owes everyone some type of curtesy and sees getting up and leaving to be the rudest thing anyone could ever do, so she won't do it. In her mind, she is a prisoner and the only way out is by paying.