Overcharging on a phone i do not own

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 12, 2019
ATT is charging me for a phone I returned in dec.2018. I assumed the case was closed by March so I threw away receipt. This is the 4th time this company has done this to me even turning my phone then 2days later the phone was found. There is a problem on mail returns and there warehouse and the fact they have no records of the ime number to the phone they are charging me for. This has caused a health issue . I do not want my credit score to go down but at this point I have to say I dont care.Why dont they track where phone is thru GPS???????

Jan 6, 2015
You can appeal this to AT&T. Send them your IMEI number if you have it.

In your communications with them, it is important that you send only one email per week before escalating to the next level . . .

Feb 3, 2017
How did you buy the phone? If with a credit card, you can get proof of purchase without having a receipt.

(After so many times this happened, I'd hang onto a next receipt for at least a full 12 months or more....)

Apr 12, 2019
You can appeal this to AT&T. Send them your IMEI number if you have it.

In your communications with them, it is important that you send only one email per week before escalating to the next level . . .
I do not have info
I messed up by throwing away reciept. What is wrong with their mail return and warehouse. It can and is their fault

Jan 6, 2015
I do not have info
I messed up by throwing away receipt. What is wrong with their mail return and warehouse. It can and is their fault
Something for you to consider . . .
for all of our electronics, we record the model number, serial number, and in this case the IMEI number, and that goes into a fire resistant safe. Should these be lost, stolen, or burned in a fire, we have a record we can use for replacement.

Apr 12, 2019
Something for you to consider . . .
for all of our electronics, we record the model number, serial number, and in this case the IMEI number, and that goes into a fire resistant safe. Should these be lost, stolen, or burned in a fire, we have a record we can use for replacement.
You are right

Apr 12, 2019
How did you buy the phone? If with a credit card, you can get proof of purchase without having a receipt.

(After so many times this happened, I'd hang onto a next receipt for at least a full 12 months or more....)
If I stayed with att. After more than 25yrs no more. My mistake