Ovago

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 14, 2021
Hi I’m in this forum i need regarding Ovago online travel agency I bought 3 tickets to them I’m refunding the 2 tickets only one I will used it On March 1 they first use when I’m planning to change the date of my mOthers Ticket Ovago CS told I need to pay first t ticket then the old booking there refund to me I question them why I’m going to pay I already for that they said that’s the way they do it. I decided not to change anymore since I since I don’t have money to cover that amount. I asked them to refund the 2 tickets if my children they told me they will refund 453 BUT I need to pay upfront the $150 processing fee each ticket.I was shocked that I need them money first before they can give my money back and the processing fee is so high $150 each.
please can someone advice where to go to complain Ovago I have a pending on BBB. Please I need help!

thank you

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did the airline cancel the flights or did you? If you canceled and the tickets were nonrefundable- a refund isn’t due.

Where were the flights to and from, when did you buy and when did you cancel?

Their terms and conditions also say the charge processing fees for changes and cancellations so that’s why they are charging you.

In addition, they say they sell unpublished fares. In many case unpublished fares are not refundable. What does the cancellation policy say on your confirmation you received when you booked?

These are their booking terms:

Reactions: Skippy

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
When did you buy the tickets and what are the dates of the flights? Were the tickets non-refundable? Unfortunately it is not uncommon for an online travel agency (OTA) like Ovago to charge a change/cancelation fee in addition to any fees the airline may charge you to change the tickets.

In the future, I suggest that you book your flights directly with the airline. In many cases, if you book a ticket directly with the airline, you have the opportunity to cancel within 24 hours without penalty. Additionally, if you cancel or change your ticket, you will not be subject to any additional fees that an OTA may charge.

Feb 14, 2021
Did the airline cancel the flights or did you? If you canceled and the tickets were nonrefundable- a refund isn’t due.

Their terms and conditions also say the charge processing fees for changes and cancellations so that’s why they are charging you.

In addition, they say they sell unpublished fares. In many case unpublished fares are not refundable. What does the cancellation policy say on your confirmation you received when you booked?

I both the ticket in Ovago they will refund the 2 tickets but they want me to pay upfront the processing fee I’m telling them to deduct to the amount they refund to me but they said they will not process the refund if I don’t pay the fee first

Feb 14, 2021

And when I tried to change the date only of the flight they’ want me to pay the whole new tickets and they said they just going to refund 1st ticket that I paid it doesn’t make sense I’m changing the date.

Feb 14, 2021
When did you buy the tickets and what are the dates of the flights? Were the tickets non-refundable? Unfortunately it is not uncommon for an online travel agency (OTA) like Ovago to charge a change/cancelation fee in addition to any fees the airline may charge you to change the tickets.

In the future, I suggest that you book your flights directly with the airline. In many cases, if you book a ticket directly with the airline, you have the opportunity to cancel within 24 hours without penalty. Additionally, if you cancel or change your ticket, you will not be subject to any additional fees that an OTA may charge.
I both the tickets last year and my children used it Nov. and they need to comeback to Philippines this March 1 I’m talking to them since 2 weeks ago if I change the date I need to pay the full ticket for the new date and they said the 1st ticket they will refund to me but with processing fee again of $150 I don’t mind there is a processing fee although is quite high for $150 but I’m telling to deduct it to my refund money they don’t agreeing to that they want me to pay upfront 150$ each for to ticket processing total of $300

Feb 14, 2021
And when I tried to change the date only of the flight they’ want me to pay the whole new tickets and they said they just going to refund 1st ticket that I paid it doesn’t make sense I’m changing the date.
Thank you for sending here’s the policy refund they don’t even and in there policy there no written statements that there will be a processing fee for refund and need to pay upfront.

Attachments

• 26A15112-CA76-4454-9833-902048AF2414.png
    26A15112-CA76-4454-9833-902048AF2414.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 6

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Unless you purchased refundable tix, you're not due a refund. The time to read all the rules is before you buy. Your post is a bit jumbled and I'm not sure I understand all the facts. Depending on who cancels, the pax may be eligible for a refund or will be issued a credit towards a future flight. The refund or credit will go to the person whose name is on the tix, not the person who paid for them. You can use our Company Contacts to email them to request assistance.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
They state they charge a processing fee so you have to pay that before Ovago will do anything. And you do need to buy new tickets if you change the date. You can simply change.

There might not even be enough of a refund left to pay Ovagos fees. Many of these “discount” companies charge fees for everything. And they claim their prices are unpublished rates- which may not be eligible for a refund.

You will have to pay the fee first I’m sorry to say.