Ovago refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What exactly do you mean they no longer have the fare? If they have flights that are just more expensive, you would have to pay the difference in price. Do you mean they no longer have flights? Where are you flying from and where are you flying to and what dates are you looking at

Reactions: VoR61
Apr 29, 2021
Exactly what they say fare no longer available even I told them couple times I'm willing to pay the difference. Even there is flights ✈️ on dates I wan travel. I wanted July 14th till August 16th . From Chicago to Skopje North Macedonia.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
They telling me there's flight for dates I wan travel but not the fair I booked last year.
Like I said earlier you should go look for flights via a comparison web site like Kayak check for a flight that would work ( is your credit for any airline or I suspect just for the airline you 1st booked on). If you have to book on a specific airline then when you search for flights use the option that lets you only see that airline.
Once you find a flight that works go to Ovago and book that flight with your credit. pay their change fee is you have not already and then pay the price difference ( this could be more then you paid for this flight in the 1st place).
This should work. You might even be able to do this on their web site entering your voucher code on the payment page. Many OTA's have a coupon option when you pay so you can add vouchers.
You also should be flexable and look at a few different dates to see if maybe there is a nice priced flight on one of them.

To the OP I too am not exactly sure what you want.
If you want the same flight at the price you paid , that will not happen.
If you want to convert your voucher for a credit , That too will not happen.
Please come back and let us know what exactly what kind of outcome you want.

Apr 29, 2021
I did they keep saying we don't have the fare for thoe dates anymore . Let me talk my supervisor will call you back never do. Lufthansa said you have to contact Ovago for refund or rebook new tickets. I'm in big mess with this agency we talking $4800 credit to use.

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
they keep saying we don't have the fare for thoe dates anymore
I think we're confused because this doesn't make sense to us. Saying, "We don't have the fare for those dates" doesn't mean anything. A fare is simply the amount of money a passenger has to pay. Ovago doesn't set the fares; the airlines do. There is obviously a Lufthansa flight available on the dates you want--I posted it for you in Post #26.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
Personally I would not be booking so far in advance. Who knows if you will be allowed In any of the places you are going. Better to wait till much closer to your travel dates even if the price might go up.

smd

Mar 14, 2018
Ovago is a ticket broker and they appear not to have access to all the flights on Orbitz etc. In particular, I don't see any Lufthansa flights listed on their site right now. I'm guessing the issue is that you have Ovago credits that can only be used on Lufthansa, but Lufthansa isn't offering the kind of fares that Ovago sells right now.

The travel agents on this site will have better knowledge of how the restrictions on these kinds of fares work.

One thing I did notice is that Ovago does have flights on Austrian (which is owned by Lufthansa). Maybe they could authorize your credits to be used there.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I did they keep saying we don't have the fare for thoe dates anymore . Let me talk my supervisor will call you back never do. Lufthansa said you have to contact Ovago for refund or rebook new tickets. I'm in big mess with this agency we talking $4800 credit to use.
I think there's a lot of problems with words and terms here, Krusaj. This thread is just going round and round. We are giving you lots of information but you are still having trouble figuring out what to do next. I suggest that you ask around and find a friend or acquaintance who is familiar with booking air. One who can sit down with you at the computer and get your booking done with the credits you have.

Jun 24, 2019
I want to suggest another possibility. When OP calls in and says I want to travel from Chicago to Skopje on these flights, which flights actually appear as available on Ovago's website, all is fine. When OP says I want to use my $4800 credit, which means Ovago has to use actual cash to purchase those tickets from an airline, all of a sudden the tickets cease to be available. That's because Ovago is conserving cash. The front-line phone agent can't commit Ovago to buying tickets using Ovago's cash, and the supervisor recognizes that Ovago doesn't want to spend cash and doesn't return the call. .

And that's assuming no language barrier and the agents, supervisors and managers all being in the same building. These days, that would be a miracle. The front-line agents might be in India, the phone room managers might be in the Philippines, and the executives might be in Istanbul.

I think OP needs to be writing to the corporate executives Elliott-style.