Ovago refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 29, 2021
Ovago won't refund or credit new airline tickets from last year. Our flights were canceled do to Covid 19 last year. I ask them for new booking dates to travel all I get is bouncing me around with no solution. Need help if anyone had the same problem thanks.

Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
Can you provide us with some more details? What were the dates of your flight? Where were you flying to/from? What airline? Who canceled your reservations--you or the airline? Who charged your credit card for the tickets--the airline or Ovago? The more detail you provide, the more we will be able to assist you with a possible solution.

Apr 29, 2021
The original dates were July 20th 2020 to August 21st from Chicago to Skopje on Lufthansa Airlines. I did call Ovago told them cuz it wasn't safe to travel at that time. They agreed to give me credit for future use know they keep saying that deal is no longer available I'm willing to pay the difference but they keep insisting let me look I'll call you back and never do. Ovago is the one charged my credit card.

Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
I did call Ovago told them cuz it wasn't safe to travel at that time. They agreed to give me credit for future use know they keep saying that deal is no longer available
When you called Ovago, did you actually cancel the trip at that time and receive an acknowledgment that you would receive a credit for the trip?

With them saying that "the deal is no longer available," it makes me think they did not cancel the tickets and Lufthansa recorded you as a no-show. If you could copy/paste any emails that you have received from Ovago, with personally-identifiable information deleted, it would be helpful.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
did call Ovago told them cuz it wasn't safe to travel at that time.
You are no longer due a refund even if the airlines canceled this flight.
You should look if you were given a credit. If not talk to Ovago and ask them to find your refund so you can use it.
There is little or no chance of converting this refund to a credit at this time. Maybe in a year or 2 someone will legislate this but maybe not.
Question did this flight actually take off or was it totally canceled.

Reactions: jsn55
Apr 29, 2021
They gave me credit and some vouchers to use till December of this year. But everytime I call them keep bouncing me around with no luck

Apr 29, 2021
I told them I would like to use the credit from last year keep saying ok let me look no flights on dates you wanna travel

Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
I told them I would like to use the credit from last year keep saying ok let me look no flights on dates you wanna travel
Well, this is a good sign...at least they have issued you the credit vouchers.

Do the credits have to be used on Lufthansa or are you able to use them anywhere on Ovago?

Have you searched to see if there are actually flights available on dates that you want? I looked at the flight matrix with the same dates you had last year--July 20-August 21, and Lufthansa does have a flight with two connections.

Last edited:

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
Not sure what you want to happen.
You want them to make the airlines add flight that work for you?
You have been made whole they will no longer refund you.
Best advice to offer you is if you can not use these credits to ask Ovago to extend the expiration date. Remember they do not have to do this. Covid was not their fault either and they are broker then you are. This does not excuse them of horrible customer service. Though if you researched this company before you booked you would see thousands of complaints against them from pre Covid times.

Maybe look for flights on a comparison website like Kayak. Find a good flight then try and book this flight. There may be fees in processing vouchers. Look at this companies terms and conditions to see if they do.

Reactions: AlexanderP
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
Mistake learnt.
All hope is not lost! You have the credits—you’re a lot better off than a great many people. You just have to approach Ovago with the right information. Use the link I gave you to the flight matrix (or Kayak, or whatever platform you’re comfortable with) and have the dates and flight numbers in hand when you re-book. If you call and say, “I want to use my credits sometime,” you’re not going to get anywhere. If you call and say, “I want to use my credit on 20 July on Lufthansa XXX,” you’ll have better luck.

Last edited:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Krusai, you booked through a faceless internet website. You now see why we advise booking directly with the airline or hotel. When you reach these people, they tell you all kinds of things just to get you off the phone. Their phone conversations are often timed, so the less amount of time they spend communicating, the better they look on the job. So they've issued you credits and that's very good, far more than many travellers received during this virus disaster. Follow my colleagues' excellent advice and put those credits to work as soon as you can. Things always go better if you can tell an agent exactly what you want.

Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
They telling me there's flight for dates I wan travel but not the fair I booked last year.
I'm sure that's true. You're not going to pay the same price now as you did a year ago. Supply and demand change, and therefore prices fluctuate. The price of a gallon of gasoline is different right now than it was a year ago...same premise.

You said:
I'm willing to pay the difference
You're going to have to do just that to use the credit that you have.

So to summarize, you're in great shape--You have credit for the flights you bought AND Ovago is willing to book the flights for you.

Reactions: ngc31961 and jsn55
Apr 29, 2021
I'm ok paying the difference but they won't do it, they push Lufthansa to give me refund but they won't do it. They just are good to get you out the phone with all this bogus excuses. We escalate to the highest level give us 24h will call you back never do.

Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
Your messages are contradictory--first you said Ovago "won't refund or credit new airline tickets from last year." Then you said "they gave me credit and some vouchers to use till December of this year" but that they tell you there are "no flights on dates you wanna travel." Then you said "They telling me there's flight for dates I wan travel but not the fair I booked last year." And now you're saying something completely different.

I don't know how to help you. You have credits. You have Ovago offering to book your dates. You are willing to pay the difference in fare. I'm at a loss for what more that you want...you don't seem to have an issue with which any of us can help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: VoR61
Apr 29, 2021
I spoke to them last year about getting credit because there were no flights from Chicago do to Covid. They said ok will give you credit for future use which I agreed plus I had to pay 150 per ticket fee to change the tickets for future use. Know I called them couple times spoke to different people they all give me same answer we longer don't have that fair. I'm confused to I thought i could use credit anytime they changed the story now.