Orbitz - AA Credit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 25, 2021
I booked three tickets to Ft Myers on AA through Orbitz in May 2020. I got an email from Orbitz saying if I wanted to cancel to Click Here. I used it to cancel well before the deadline. On the day of the flight I got an email from Hotel.com saying I needed to contact the airlines about the cancellation. I called AA. They said Orbitz was my booking agent and I needed to talk to them but the tickets weren't cancelled and I was considered a "no-show". Contacted Orbitz who after hours on the phone acknowledged I had the credits. I requested it in writing and they sent me an email. I've tried to use them 3 times now. Every time I get some run around about having to call AA but that area isn't open or not available. Last time I demanded a contact at Orbitz that could help when I wanted to rebook. The individual gave me her name, sent me an email acknowledging again I was entitled to the credits and told me to send her an email when I wanted to rebook. I sent her an email yesterday with the flights to book. She responded and she could no longer assist and I needed to call the customer service line. I have all the emails and case #'s they gave me. Where do I start to build the paper trail? At this point I want a refund.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Suggestion
You can escalate this VIA EMAIL using the information provided in the following links
composing and sending effective emails​
restrict your content to 500 words or less​

EXAMPLE
"I am writing to you today because my efforts to resolve an issue with customer service have been unsuccessful. Here are the details:
  • In May of 2020 I booked three tickets to Ft Myers on AA through Orbitz (# _____)
  • I later received an email from Orbitz saying if I wanted to cancel to "Click Here", which I did well before the deadline
  • On the day of the flight I received an email saying that I needed to contact the airlines about the cancellation, to which AA indicated that the tickets were not canceled, that I was a "no show", and that I needed to contact Orbitz
  • Orbitz then acknowledged that I had the credits, which I subsequently received in an email
  • I have tried to use them 3 times now, but have been directed to contact Customer Service
At this point, I am in need of your assistance in obtaining a refund. I believe that I have been appropriately patient.

Thank you for your time and consideration - I respect that you are very busy"

Be careful to avoid expressions of anger, criticism, and disappointment. They should be able to understand your experience and your request in 3-5 minutes.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I am so hoping when the dust settles from all the problems Covid has caused there will be both investigations on how these OTA's handled cancellations and refunds and also future regulation to offer better protections when this happens again.

• Love
Reactions: Malex and jsn55

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I am so hoping when the dust settles from all the problems Covid has caused there will be both investigations on how these OTA's handled cancellations and refunds and also future regulation to offer better protections when this happens again.
I agree, inexperienced travellers cannot be expected to know every single detail of a booking and all the terms that apply to it. Those of us on the forum only know most of it because of our advocacy for so many different issues. These online booking services hold themselves out as "travel agents" ... nothing could be further from the truth. The travelling public deserves better.

Reactions: Comicman and Malex

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree, inexperienced travellers cannot be expected to know every single detail of a booking and all the terms that apply to it. Those of us on the forum only know most of it because of our advocacy for so many different issues. These online booking services hold themselves out as "travel agents" ... nothing could be further from the truth. The travelling public deserves better.
This is why real travel agents are more in demand than ever.

• Love
Reactions: jsn55 and Comicman