Oman Air flight changes seeking a refund.. HELP!!!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 17, 2019
Dear All

Recently booked flight to Srilanka with Oman Air via Muscat, from London Heathrow.,leaving 17th August 2019.All was well until I went into manage my bookings to add passenger info and discovered my flight times had been changed. Specifically my times of connecting flights via muscat. Resulting in over an 18 hr delay, going and returning.

I had paid extra for short layover times, which originally were 1 1/2 hrs going and 2 1/2 returning. Furthermore I was not informed of this.

On contacting the airline(which FYI is a nightmare be it via their call centre or email) I was told by the Heathrow Airport reservations desk that as it was a change to a scheduled flight(despite it being a non refundable ticket, as it was the airline that had changed the goal posts)I was entitled to a full refund. The catch being, as I had booked online, I had to resolve it online.

Numerous emails later, being pushed form pillar to post... Web bookings, Web sales, Web refunds and now have been directed to customer guest services (which apparently doubles up as complaints!!! (no words) )

Long story short they are refusing a refund and only offering taxes back. However sury this cannot be correct, if changing timings results in 18hr delays and messes with my travel plans.

Any advice would be so appreciated or any similar situations and how they have been resolved.

Oman air customer service, if you have an issue is less than satisfactory. They simply pass the buck, hoping you will give up no doubt... They said they have no specific terms and conditions for changing scheduled flights and that the delay is due to operational reasons.

Thanks in advance. Happy to attach further info if needed.

Jun 17, 2019
It was after doing this and submitting all info that they told me I was only entitled to a refund of taxes. I paid £1600 and taxes only come to £400. So that's not a viable option if I wish to rebook a holiday. They sent me a very standard reply, tbh I don't even think

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
That is a major change and you should be getting everything back. This is right from their website- if there is a significant change and they don’t have an acceptable alternate, you are entitled to a refund. Mention this to them and mention Article 10.2

Please fill out that form so we can try and get you Executives to contact

Before we accept your booking, we will notify you of the scheduled flight time in effect as of that time, and it will be shown on your Ticket. It is possible we may need to change the scheduled flight time subsequent to issuance of your Ticket. If you provide us with contact information, we will endeavour to notify you of any such changes. If, after you purchase your Ticket, we make a significant change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are unable to book you on an alternate flight, which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 10.2.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Did you book a basic economy fare that can't be changed for any reason? If not, and the tix is refundable under these circumstances, can yu file a credit card dispute? The internet is a vast wasteland populated by clever companies who hire creative web designers who turn out beautiful, professional-looking websites ... and that's about as far as their customer service goes.

Feb 12, 2019
Did you book a basic economy fare that can't be changed for any reason? If not, and the tix is refundable under these circumstances, can yu file a credit card dispute? The internet is a vast wasteland populated by clever companies who hire creative web designers who turn out beautiful, professional-looking websites ... and that's about as far as their customer service goes.
Basic economy fares aren't subject to an option to refund if they drastically change the times of the flights?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The website doesn’t state any restrictions on what type of ticket is required for a refund for a significant change.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
The website doesn’t state any restrictions on what type of ticket is required for a refund for a significant change.
Technically may only apply if purchased directly from the airline. There is one booking site that will only offer a refund if they can't offer you a new schedule that still gets you to your destination within 24 hours. The OP hasn't stated which website site he used to purchase the ticket.