Oman Air Escalation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 28, 2018
Switzerland
Hi experts,

I have purchased a ticket with Oman Air routing ZRH-MUC-BLR for May 20th. Unfortunately, my travel plans have changed and I need to cancel this ticket. The helpline from Oman Air will ask you to send an email to [email protected] and wait for a cancellation quote. I need to have this flight cancelled so I can rebook and I am running out of options and patience as the helpline refuses to transfer me to Cancellation and refund teams.

Any suggestions or escalations path I should take?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Can’t you go directly to your reservation and cancel it? Did you buy a refundable ticket or non refundable? It doesn’t sound like you will get a refund right away- they have to determine how much and if there is a cancellation fee:

Cancellations, Refunds
Unused tickets can be cancelled and exchanged for another ticket or refunded. Cancellation fee / administrative charges may be applied depending upon ticketing rules. All paper tickets needs to be returned back to Oman Air issuing office physically.
To refund/exchange electronic ticket customers are required to produce valid photo identification of the passenger named in the ticket.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018
Switzerland
- Yes, I have actually emailed them already three times.
- I cannot cancel online as I booked seat reservation which prevents you to do the online cancellation and refund
- Yes the ticket can be cancelled against a CHF 200 fee

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Assuming these tickets were purchased DIRECT from Oman Airlines and Not a Travel Agent Or other Third Party agency Oman Air should be able to assist you.

Sep 28, 2018
Switzerland
Assuming these tickets were purchased DIRECT from Oman Airlines and Not a Travel Agent Or other Third Party agency Oman Air should be able to assist you.
They should but only by email, unfortunately, they are not replying to emails. I also obviously checked my SPAM filter and tried to send an email from an alternate address to avoid any tech issues.

Apr 19, 2019
Hi, I'm not sure how this forum and specifically this thread came to my Google feed except that I'm from Oman and travel with Oman Air from time to time.

Anyway, I'm no expert and registered to the forum to help. Going back to your issue, I assume you are from Zurich, if I'm not mistaken, and if this is the case did you try contacting Oman Air Zurich offices?

These are their contact details in Zurich:

Ticketing & Reservation/Travel Agency Support:
+41 44 874 85 65 [email protected]

Call Center (During Office closing hours):
+41 26 547 88 88

Guest Relations:
+41 44 874 85 61 [email protected]

Here is the link to their Zurich details with address:

https://www.omanair.com/en/contact-us/global-contacts/zurich

Hope it helps.

Safe travels

Apr 19, 2019
Oman air is usually slow in responding to refunds.. But they will cancel and refund the money. I had a similar situation two months ago and I sent multiple emails.. There was no response.. Please go to their website and lodge a complaint. By that they allot A complaint number and they respond to you usually in 48 hours. Hope this helps

Sep 28, 2018
Switzerland
UPDATE
The Zurich team helped me sort this out in a really professional and efficient way. From speaking with the team there I would recommend people with cancellation requests to contact their local office where the ticket was bought (Switzerland Website -> ZRH Office) etc. They are actually the one who can process refunds directly. This is also applicable for booking via other regional websites from Oman Air.