Obtaining assistance with lost personal items

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2016
I was wondering what is the best way to obtain assistance locating a lost personal item from any airline, but in this case specifically Frontier Airlines. I recently lost my cell phone while flying on a flight with Frontier and have been hitting a wall every time I try to contact some to help with tracking it down. I mistakenly placed my phone in the pocket of the seat in front of me during our flight. During the chaos of exiting the plane with my young kids, I completely forgot to grab it. I knew within 15 minutes of leaving the flight that I left it behind. Because we landed late in the evening, everyone with Frontier had already left and I was unable to retrieve it immediately after the flight. Basically, when I was finally able to reach someone the next day, I was told if the cleaning crew found it they would send it to Denver (apparently Frontier's headquarters) and then sent to lost and found. I have followed their procedure every step of the way, but have been met with nothing but rudeness and absolute unwillingness to help or answer questions. I understand this is completely my fault that I lost my phone, but I just spent $1200 to fly with this airline. I do expect some level of customer service. Not to mention, they lost our car seats last time we flew with them and I dealt with the same rudeness then too, and that was their fault. Let me stress, I am NOT asking for money or a replacement phone from them. The phone is replaceable. The only reason I am so upset is it is my baby's first birthday next month and the majority of pictures I have of her are on that phone. I am posting this today to see if there is anything else I can do to try to obtain any kind of real assistance from Frontier before just giving up on having my phone (pictures) returned to me. Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any advise you can offer!

Jan 5, 2015
Five bucks says your phone was taken by the third-party contractor cleaning crew and you're not going to get it back anytime soon. If you have an iPhone, use "find my iPhone." See if you can locate it that way.
You can also tweet to @FrontierCare
Airlines hate public shaming, and if they've been ignoring you, this is one way to get their attention fast. "Hey, Frontier! Been trying to call you about help getting my phone with precious pics back. How about returning my call?" That should do it.

Jan 6, 2015
I understand your reasoning here and am glad to see your ownership for your current dilemma.

I suggest you appeal to Frontier using the Company Contacts link at the top of this page.

Provide just the detail about the value of the phone (to you) and then a simple but honest plea for assistance,

Email customer service and proceed from there - allow a week for responses

Best wishes for success ..

Jan 6, 2015
In the future, I suggest you implement a way to upload pictures to an internet location for backup.

Jan 14, 2016
Yeah, I tried doing that on Facebook but I received one generic reply and then they just completely ignored me. Thanks for the advice though! Also, unfortunately, my phone was in airplane mode so I couldn't use the android version of the find my phone app. Now it has been a couple of weeks so I'm sure the battery is dead.
I agree that its an option that somebody may have took it somewhere along the line. I keep hoping that a decent person would have been the one to find it. But I agree, I feel like I would have heard something by now if it was found. Frontier keeps getting annoyed if I email to ask and acting like it is perfectly reasonable that I might not hear for over a month.

Jan 14, 2016
Thank you very much for your assistance and the ideas! I will definitely contact customer service. I lost it on a flight that departed on 12/29/15 but technically landed 12/30/15

Jan 6, 2015
Thank you. It has been two weeks, so I think you deserve a better answer/update.

Remember to do so graciously, with any feelings of frustration or anger set aside.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
She says it was an android phone. OP, have you tried calling your phone carrier to see if any calls have been made FROM it since it was lost? If so they should be able to identify at least the area from which the calls were made.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
All you can do is wipe iPhone data in the normal way, unless you perform a factory restore which erases all existing data , but i don't think that is a effective idea,
@kasbxtery In order to protect your data from leaking to others it is necessary for you to delete all the personal information completely and permanently. iPhone Eraser is a powerful software to delete everything on iPhone ,including messages,contacts,videos,photos,and other private information,
@kasbxtery, Kindly check dates on these posts - this original post is 2 years old and the writer is long gone and not reading. Generally, if a post is more than a month old and has had no responses, the writer is gone and no longer needs help. All this does by responding is move these old posts to the front page, moving new posts that need help off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.