Norwegian Cruise Line unveils dining concepts for new ship

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 10, 2013
NCL unveiled additional dining and entertainment options aboard the Norwegian Escape.

"The line tapped Jose Garces, the 2009 James Beard award winner for Best Chef, Mid-Atlantic, to helm two restaurants on the Escape. Bayamo by Jose Garces will highlight Latin dishes with a Cuban influence and Pincho Tapas Bar by Jose Garces will feature Spanish tapas.

A partnership with the Michael Mondavi Family, meanwhile, will lead to the Cellars wine bar."

Sep 22, 2014
Steve
Great "heads up." I not only enjoyed your post but found it extremely useful.

I'm booked for the NCL Escape's maiden home port sailing from Miami in November. (3 day + 7 day back to back sailings). I knew about the on board "Toabbaco Road" Bar which was one of my favorite Miami haunts before it closed due to urban renewal. (I love dives LOL)

I also developed a love for Tapas Bars a quarter century ago when I spent considerable time in Spain. Finally, despite my senior lifestyle tastes of Chardonnay & quiche, I'm still a beer and brats kinda guy from da sout side of Chicawga. So, the Escapes's new food & beverage line up sounds wonderful.

But, there's a down side to your good news. As more upscale additonal charge specialty restaurants are opened on cruise ships, I fear, they hasten the day of doom when "all inclusive" cruise fares disappear into the mists of yesteryear.

John

Dec 27, 2014
NoVA
But, there's a down side to your good news. As more upscale additonal charge specialty restaurants are opened on cruise ships, I fear, they hasten the day of doom when "all inclusive" cruise fares disappear into the mists of yesteryear.
That's why we are such fans of DCL cruises. Right now the only thing we pay extra for onboard is the tasty adult beverages. They have an almost 24/7 ice cream and soda fountain available (closed one hour each night for cleaning) that my Mancub takes full advantage of. And we love the rotation dining since our wait staff travel with us. After the first day, we don't even have to tell them our drink orders anymore.