Non-Revenue in First Class

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2015
Looking at this another way: logistically . . .

To execute this proposed plan, the "parents" would book an itinerary, make all the necessary preparations, check-in, go through security, arrive at the gate, and . . . wait. The airline then offers a first class upgrade to other-class passengers. If there are still open first class seats, the parents are permitted to board. But then before the aircraft pulls away, the crew must, once again, offer first class upgrades (which some do). If anyone decides to upgrade, the parents are removed from the flight to make space for them.

If that is what is being suggested, it has lot of moving parts and is risky for the parents. But the paying customers would come first (no pun intended)

Feb 16, 2018
I have had the privilege of flying as a Non-Rev passenger on standby. I was not guaranteed a seat on all of the flights of my trip. I was placed in comfort for one leg, and at the back of the plane for another. Since the plane goes out with the same amount paid by the passengers it makes no difference to the airline monetarily, so if there is an open seat in comfort or first class there is no lost revenue. As was pointed out, if someone walks up and buys a last minute seat, the non-revs can be bumped. Another thing the non-revs must do that a normally ticketed passenger does not,is conform to dress codes and behavior codes just like the airline employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.