Non-refundable hotel room

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 15, 2018
I messed up and booked the wrong night through Orbitz. I think it was late, I had a few glasses of wine and wasn’t paying close attention. My bad for sure. When I realized what I did I contacted the hotel and explained. They of course told me I had to contact Orbitz which I did. Customer Service attempted to rebook me for the correct night however since the hotel was sold out, this was not possible. I asked if another night was possible but was told that night was sold out. The hotel (AC Montreal downtown) has a no refund policy for cancellations which I get. My thought was since I have already paid for the night, can I be contacted should a room become available either of these two nights I still need a room while I am in Montreal? I asked Orbitz this and was told by another customer service rep. that changes were not possible (despite being told by previous customer service rep that I could if the hotel was not sold out). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Ouch, this is a painful one. My first thought is that hotels sometimes are "sold out" for a big group which subsequently cancels. Or they've booked a big block of rooms and give back the unreserved ones at a certain deadline that they've worked out with the hotel. Use the hotel's booking site and keep checking availability for the dates you want. Then you can go after the OBS to possibly make the switch. Miracles do happen. I remember booking a non-ref room once and was appalled, but I had booked the correct dates and used the room, so all was well. And next time, book directly with the hotel ... OBS are useless at helping their customers.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So you booked a nonrefundable rate? I agree with jsn- keep trying and see if anything opens up
but- if you chose a nonrefundable rate- you might be out the money even IF something opens up. Nonrefundable is just that.