No water

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 18, 2018
I'm staying at the silver cloud in Seattle. We woke up with no water. The whole hotel was out. Nobody could shower. I was wondering what kind of discount I should ask for? We are paying over 400 a night.

Feb 16, 2018
I think it will depend on how long the water is off. If it comes back on in less than an hour I would ask for free breakfast vouchers and a late check out, a few hours or longer I would ask for extra points and maybe 10-20% discount depending on the length of the outage. If you stay here often maybe a free night with a paid night certificate. Just my thoughts, hope the water returns quickly for you!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What is the reason and how long is it our? Is it a problem with the hotel or is there something going on in the city?

If it’s our a few hours- nothing. If it’s longer than a day - are you in the hotel all day or out sightseeing or doing other things?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Excellent, John. After all, we stay in a hotel for a good bed and a nice shower, everything else is just frosting. 50% reduction is about right. Please let us know the length of time you were without water.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
It's was about 8am when tried to shower, came back about 2 and it was working.
Well, it was annoying but hardly the end of the world, so I'm glad you negotiated compensation early. I'm thinking for the first time that booking hotel chains is a pretty good idea. You could have driven over to a sister hotel and had a shower.

Aug 18, 2018
Well, it was annoying but hardly the end of the world, so I'm glad you negotiated compensation early. I'm thinking for the first time that booking hotel chains is a pretty good idea. You could have driven over to a sister hotel and had a shower.