No response from Hertz!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 16, 2019
I received a e-mail over 3 weeks ago about a Thrifty/Hertz car rented in Florence Italy.

Hertz claimed there was some sort of traffic ticket from Pisa Italy and would send the paperwork?

They gave a time-frame for this and problem resolution date and provide paperwork.

Hertz has failed to live up to their promise.

Traffic tickets in Italy and the United States have to be taken care of in a timely manner before the price increases and or worse!

Over the last three plus weeks,I have sent three e-mails to Hertz and called their offices in Rome. There has been no response to my e-mails and the phone in Rome is never answered.

How odd?

What needs to be done to get Hertz to respond?

Thank you.

Theodore

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This is a first- a consumer willing to pay a ticket and not being able to. I commend you for this.

The Italian traffic system is infamous for taking their sweet time processing paperwork. It’s likely the office may not even have the paperwork from the police department yet.

We have company contacts for the Corporate Offices of Hertz:
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/hertz/

Send an e-mail one at a time weekly starting at Customer Service and tell turn exactly what you told us. This tells you how to proceed:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Let us know how you make out.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I received a e-mail over 3 weeks ago about a Thrifty/Hertz car rented in Florence Italy.

Hertz claimed there was some sort of traffic ticket from Pisa Italy and would send the paperwork?

They gave a time-frame for this and problem resolution date and provide paperwork.

Hertz has failed to live up to their promise.

Traffic tickets in Italy and the United States have to be taken care of in a timely manner before the price increases and or worse!

Over the last three plus weeks,I have sent three e-mails to Hertz and called their offices in Rome. There has been no response to my e-mails and the phone in Rome is never answered.

How odd?

What needs to be done to get Hertz to respond?

Thank you.

Theodore
Remember this involves ITALY and local GOVERNMENT, two words that do not belong in the same sentence. Hertz will get you the information when they receive it. It may take weeks or months. Hertz mistake was giving you a timeline. I would not waste time on this; Hertz will let you know when they have the documents.
Your rental car was picked up by a traffic or speed cam. They are all over Europe and you will never figure out where. Eventually, the bill will reach you, and yes, there may be late payment penalties. That is part of the cost of driving in Europe. Their speed cams are not forgiving at all.

Nov 1, 2017
Remember this involves ITALY and local GOVERNMENT, two words that do not belong in the same sentence. Hertz will get you the information when they receive it. It may take weeks or months. Hertz mistake was giving you a timeline. I would not waste time on this; Hertz will let you know when they have the documents.
Your rental car was picked up by a traffic or speed cam. They are all over Europe and you will never figure out where. Eventually, the bill will reach you, and yes, there may be late payment penalties. That is part of the cost of driving in Europe. Their speed cams are not forgiving at all.
Or in Florence they drove in a ZTL (Zone Traffico Limitato?) where you are not allowed to drive without a permit