No Further Contact?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 15, 2018
Hi all,

I rented a car for three days back in April. When I picked it up, it was late, the car was soaking wet, and in the rush I did not take photos. Worked fine - no issues, no damage. Returned after hours, and I received a message the next day via voicemail at work that the car had been damaged with a scratch.

I quickly phoned him back, explained it was not there when I dropped the car off, and he was very nice - offered to check camera footage etc and email a photo. The gentleman on the phone kindly emailed the photo quickly (where a scratch is visible from that angle) and said the DRU would be in touch.

I received the standard letter via mail. I mailed back their form without insurance information asking that I be sent an estimate for repair before I decided how to proceed. (Probably should have emailed it for tracking purposes but it had come by mail so...). No additional charges have shown up on my credit card, and the initial hold was released. I started a claim with my CC to make sure I’d be covered in case.

I’ve rented through the same agency multiple times since without any issues.

Fast forward to now, and I’ve had no further contact from Enterprise or their DRU. I never have received a bill. Just nothing.
Life got in the day and I never followed up with them either (not great, I know).

So my questions are these:
1. Do I contact them and potentially revive the issue or should I let sleeping dogs be?

2. If my letter never made it to the right person for some reason, would they just have sent a bill anyways? If so, how quickly would it have come? Or do they need to receive insurance/cc info/something before they send it?

Thanks so much!

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Hi all,

I rented a car for three days back in April. When I picked it up, it was late, the car was soaking wet, and in the rush I did not take photos. Worked fine - no issues, no damage. Returned after hours, and I received a message the next day via voicemail at work that the car had been damaged with a scratch.

I quickly phoned him back, explained it was not there when I dropped the car off, and he was very nice - offered to check camera footage etc and email a photo. The gentleman on the phone kindly emailed the photo quickly (where a scratch is visible from that angle) and said the DRU would be in touch.

I received the standard letter via mail. I mailed back their form without insurance information asking that I be sent an estimate for repair before I decided how to proceed. (Probably should have emailed it for tracking purposes but it had come by mail so...). No additional charges have shown up on my credit card, and the initial hold was released. I started a claim with my CC to make sure I’d be covered in case.

Fast forward to now, and I’ve had no further contact from Enterprise or their DRU. I never have received a bill. Just nothing.
Life got in the day and I never followed up with them either (not great, I know).

1. Do I contact them and potentially revive the issue or should I let sleeping dogs be?

2. If my letter never made it to the right person for some reason, would they just have sent a bill anyways? If so, how quickly would it have come? Or do they need to receive insurance/cc info/something before they send it?

Thanks so much!
I would not assume this has been dropped. We had a Hertz car that had a damaged bumper (our fault, no question). It took Hertz 8 mos to get the paperwork to me in spite of contacting Hertz multiple times during the 8 mos. We did notify the CC when the event happened. The CC has a time limit for claims to be processed. If you get the claim in 2 more months you may find the CC denies payment.

Since you are relying on snail mail, the chance that they sent you something that was lost goes up compared to email. I would email them and send a snail mail copy. They may have dropped the claim but you should verify.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Hi all,

Thanks so much!
My colleagues are right, Floridagirl, let it go. It's a scratch, they may have just buffed it out and it's barely visible. If you want an evening's enertainment, sit down and read our Rental Car forums to find out just how messed these companies are. If they do contact you, you'll have the letter you originally sent and can just send it in again.