No Communication!!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 20, 2019
I have discontinued my services with Fios/Verizon, about a month ago. Made a positive switch to Comcast, less money. My contract of 2 years was up and they refused to work with me financially, so I saved 30$ making the switch, sounds great right! Fios want's their equipment, I don't drive and the kit they sent me to put their equipment in weighs a ton, for me. I did contact them on Saturday before Patriot's Day and I spoke with a gentleman stating he spoke to dispatch and COULD send someone out to my area to retrieve the box. He stated with the holiday it would be either Tuesday/Wednesday, not. I called on Friday, box still staring at me and reach a CS REP. who stated she could not assess my account and there is nothing they could do for me, hmmm. I told her I had arrangements with Fios and continued to tell her my story and the next person and on and on, I switched 5 times in less than 6 minutes. No one had a clue. The person I spoke to on Saturday was from Long Island NY, the person's I spoke with on Friday were from the Philippines. Lack of communication!!!!!!!

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I have discontinued my services with Fios/Verizon, about a month ago. Made a positive switch to Comcast, less money. My contract of 2 years was up and they refused to work with me financially, so I saved 30$ making the switch, sounds great right! Fios want's their equipment, I don't drive and the kit they sent me to put their equipment in weighs a ton, for me. I did contact them on Saturday before Patriot's Day and I spoke with a gentleman stating he spoke to dispatch and COULD send someone out to my area to retrieve the box. He stated with the holiday it would be either Tuesday/Wednesday, not. I called on Friday, box still staring at me and reach a CS REP. who stated she could not assess my account and there is nothing they could do for me, hmmm. I told her I had arrangements with Fios and continued to tell her my story and the next person and on and on, I switched 5 times in less than 6 minutes. No one had a clue. The person I spoke to on Saturday was from Long Island NY, the person's I spoke with on Friday were from the Philippines. Lack of communication!!!!!!!
Stop calling. Use email only.
You need to arrange for someone to help you return the equipment. It was leased, not owned by you.
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/verizon-communications-inc/

Sep 19, 2015
I would suspect that technicians prioritize repairs for customers over picking up equipment from former customers.

Did they send the mailing label? Can you pack it up and call UPS for a pickup?

Is there anyone that can help you or is there a ride share service to take the items back?

Apr 20, 2019
Rent or own they stated they would pick up the equipment. I could of arranged for someone to help me, however Fios stated they would. If I did not pay the bill they would be at my door, because I chose to no longer go with their service they recanted on what they said they would do. I would of appreciated honesty from the start. Also, that's why I contacted them again, because of ythe issue with returning their rented equipment. I will take it to the PO 1 piece at a time, just request more kits, thank you kindly for your foot note.

Apr 20, 2019
I would suspect that technicians prioritize repairs for customers over picking up equipment from former customers.

Is there anyone that can help you or is there a ride share service to take the items back?
I asked the Postman if I could leave it in the hallway with labels, due to size he could not except it.

Sep 19, 2015
I had a hard time getting Verizon to show up at times for a repair so I do not have a great impression of them in my area. It was annoying to wait for them to show up and I suspect they put you low on the list.

I suggested the UPS or other return just to be done with them rather than the wait.

Apr 20, 2019

I had a hard time getting Verizon to show up at times for a repair so I do not have a great impression of them in my area. It was annoying to wait for them to show up and I suspect they put you low on the list.

I suggested the UPS or other return just to be done with them rather than the wait.
I decided that I was so done with whole situation, that I carried the box in the rain and wind, regardless of the weight content, just to be done with it. Live and learn, social media can be a very powerful thing.

Jan 10, 2019
Setting expectations up-front makes a big difference in my life, but only when I set the lowest bar possible. My tale of woe involved Comcast, with your circumstances, plus disagreement over a final bill. I'm a nerd, so I can't help documenting everything (a blessing and a curse). Paper trail be damned, over a period of four months, I documented 15 encounters with Comcast call center CSRs, plus four encounters with supervisors, two of whom were accounting managers... and none of it mattered. CSR notes were non-existent. No notations on the account except when it was turned over to collections. At first contact with the third party collections shop, I sent a request for deep documentation of the debt, and the account was deleted from my credit report.

I know this was a lot just to say, "watch out for Comcast too," but I must state that I have never done business with a retail communications company without getting screwed at some point. Just how pervasive is this practice?

Best,
Bill