New hotel opening date

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 7, 2017
First time poster here--back in June I made reservations for a 5-night stay in mid-November at a new Hilton Garden Inn opening in Times Square. It was a great rate and I was thrilled to snag it. At the time, the website stated they were accepting reservations for stays after September 1st so I figured I was safe with a stay that began more than two and a half months after that.

A few weeks ago, I checked the hotel's listing on the Hilton website to remind myself of the address and noticed the opening date had been moved to October 1st. As of this morning, it is November 1st which is making me a little nervous (we are set to check in on November 14th).

Does anyone here know what will happen to my reservation (and rate!) if the hotel doesn't open by November 14th? Thanks for any help.

Aug 7, 2017
Thanks--I did as you both suggested. She had me on hold for quite a while to check with several different areas, but confirmed that if the hotel was not ready by my check-in date then I would be offered the next nearest Hilton property and they would honor my rate. I'm going to sit tight for now and hope for the best as this location is ideal for our plans on this trip.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Exact same experience in Savannah, Carol, a couple of years ago. Hampton Inn right on the river, opening in August. I booked for Christmas. Month after month the extensions progressed. Finally was told the soft opening was 12/1, and it was, so I relaxed. I called them to be absolutely sure, however! Also had a couple of locals from TripAdvisor walk by and advise me what they saw. I absolutely didn't want to stay anywhere else but right on the river, so was happy to check in ... with little guys bustling here and there doing finish work in the public rooms. The hotel itself was very much worth it, but I doubt that I'll ever again book a hotel that's not yet open.