Neither Expedia nor Aer Lingus will make me whole

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 1, 2021
we went through expedia in Jan 2020 for trip on May 22 through June 1. had to cancel in April because of COVID19. Aer Lingus banked nearly $3k...expedia said we had until 12/31/2020 to schedule flight. Aer Lingus wouldn't honor the credit. I have joined a class action suit to try and get back my money. I'm 79 and trying to stay above ground. So I am out $2,684.84. My bank records show deposited to Aer Lingus. AL just hangs up. Expedia says AL won't honor credit. It sucks.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Aer Lingus has been very difficult to deal with through this pandemic, and Expedia can’t do anything if Aer Lingus refuses to extend the credit.

Did you cancel before the airline canceled the flights?

smd

Mar 14, 2018
I'm confused as to the issue. When you cancelled in April, I believe Aer Lingus allowed you to apply for a voucher for the 110% of the value of your ticket. The vouchers were valid for 5 years.

Is your issue:

1) Aer Lingus does not have a record of the voucher? (Did you apply for it?)
2) Aer Lingus will not allow you to use the voucher to book another flight?
3) You no longer want a voucher and now would like a refund?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
"My bank records show deposited to Aer Lingus." What does this mean?

This looks like an issue we might be able to help with, depending on the facts. You generally can't apply for a credit and then change it to a refund. But your age may be a factor. Please make a concise, chronological list of all the details and we'll help you figure it all out.