Needing Vehicle Registration from Wells Fargo

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 16, 2016
Here's how this works: when you lease a car, the actual owner of the vehicle (as shown on both title & registration) is the leasing company. Your vehicle's registration will indicate the owner of the vehicle as the leasing company, in care of you as the lessee. When you purchase the car at the end of the lease, this is no different from buying any other car. The leasing company, as the official owner of the vehicle, provides a bill of sale to both you and the finance company. The finance company holds the title to the car until you pay off the loan. You take the Bill of Sale to the DMV to register the vehicle in your own name. If the transaction is done at a dealership, the dealership usually takes care of the paperwork. If that's the case here, then all you need to do is go back to the dealership and ask whether they did the paperwork for the transfer of ownership. If they didn't, then you just need to get a copy of the bill of sale on the vehicle, either from the dealership, the leasing company, or the finance company that now holds your loan. It doesn't matter where you live or where any of these entities are located. All of this can be done via email.

May 19, 2019
Wells Fargo bought the loan from Lee Auto . I get a bill -statement from Wells Fargo, they hold the lien. I tried calling Lee Auto and they said to go through Wells Fargo that the title was transferred to them. DMV said Wells Fargo is holding up the registration. Big lesson learned here never again deal with out of state co.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Wells Fargo bought the loan from Lee Auto . I get a bill -statement from Wells Fargo, they hold the lien. I tried calling Lee Auto and they said to go through Wells Fargo that the title was transferred to them. DMV said Wells Fargo is holding up the registration. Big lesson learned here never again deal with out of state co.
The real lesson is to never deal with Wells Fargo, the chief criminal among banks. Refinance with another lender and pay off WF.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wells_Fargo_account_fraud_scandal

Jun 9, 2019
Where and what state did you buy the car from?
And does Wells Fargo have anything to do with your situation?
Bought vehicle in Texas from Avis ..they sell their rented vehicles. ..did everything over the phone and through postal mail and email...they were located in Virginia. .in the contract I paid for tags etc...thank you

Jun 9, 2019
You do what the person above you did- write to the Wells Fargo Executives-as recommended in the post.

Please read the full post and see post #25
Actually I did read the post and was just adding a question to the ladies comment...never did I mention Wells Fargo..

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Actually I did read the post and was just adding a question to the ladies comment...never did I mention Wells Fargo..
That’s why you should start your own post- with you tag onto someone else’s we assume you have an issue with Wells Fargo.

Have you contacted Avis? Did you receive a title? You don’t file a complaint unless you have gone all
the way up the executive chain unless you live in Florida and this is the second set of paper tags.

We have contacts for Avis- just swap Avis for Wells.

They haven’t sent you the title yet?

Mar 12, 2019
If you don’t have your own original post, the responses can become muddled especially if the thread OP rickm comes back. You should start your own as Neil has said.