Need help with Southwest

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 20, 2019
Hi it was suggested to me to post my inquiry here and I'm hoping I get some help. I purchased plane tickets (3) for myself and children in March, to fly to my brother's wedding in October, however after purchasing I learned that the wedding needed to be postponed until the Spring and the date wasn't official yet. Southwest gave me travel funds when I cancelled my flights however it indicates that the funds will expire on March 24th. Yesterday I called Southwest and they told me that I need to COMPLETE my travel by then. I also found out yesterday that the wedding will be on April 2nd. That is a whole 9 days after my funds expire! So if I complete my travel by the expiration date I and my children will obviously miss the wedding! So I am needing help in getting the expiration changed til after the wedding so I may go. Also, Southwest did advise that I can wait til funds expire and then get a LUV Voucher but I would need to pay $100/ticket and that is 50% of the original cost making it too cost prohibitive. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Sep 20, 2019
Thank you for the help. I wrote the first one on the list of Executives. I'm hoping she will help me. I just asked for a 2 week extension. I really don't think that's too much to ask for.

Sep 20, 2019
When they issue a credit, you must travel by the date you purchased the tickets (not the date you were traveling). But don't give up - SW is usually pretty good extending these. Use our company contacts on top of the page and write one at a time asking if they can add another month to the vouchers.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/
Oh one other thing- how long do you think I should wait before emailing the next Executive on the list? What is a proper time frame to expect a reply?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you read the link I gave you it tells you right in it- start at Customer Service and wait one week in between letters. That is the process you need to perform in the event that your case needs advocating. Please read that full post.

Sep 20, 2019
If you read the link I gave you it tells you right in it- start at Customer Service and wait one week in between letters. That is the process you need to perform in the event that your case needs advocating. Please read that full post.
I did start at Customer Service. Called them yesterday and they were less than helpful. Spoke on the phone and also emailed their service. Today I just wrote the Executive in charge of Customer relations on that link you gave, so you are telling me that I should only wait one week before emailing the next in line? I find it a little hard to believe that it should hopefully be resolved in 3 weeks! (3 cause there is only 3 people on the list)

Sep 20, 2019
Ok clearly I was just proven wrong as I just received an email from someone answering on the Executive's behalf stating that they would just refund me the travel funds so I can have an easier time making new reservations!! I cannot believe it and I am thrilled that I won't be missing my brother's wedding!! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :D