Need help with name change TAP/Flight Network

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 17, 2019
Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get some guidance in regards to how I can get a name changed on a ticket I purchased. So a few months ago I purchased 4 tickets for myself/wife and in-laws with TAP Portugal through a 3rd party seller (Flight Network). I accidentally used my brother-in-law's nickname as his first name instead of the name on his passport. Since the end of Feb when I purchased these tickets I've essentially been referred back and forth between help desk at Flight Network and TAP as neither will assume responsibility and change the name for me. The last email I received from Flight network read "Please be informed that I have checked with the airline and they are unable to provide us the authorization for name correction. May we kindly inform you that name correction can be done by the airline within 48 Hours prior to the flight departure. Hence, we request you to please liaise with the airline directly for any further assistance on name correction. " When I then contacted TAP on the phone they essentially told me "We are not responsible for a name change and you should contact (Flight network)." As time has passed the price for buying a new ticket has grown exponentially and I feel like I'm at a dead end. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2015
I believe that TAP Portugal is correct. The onus for a name change should be on the booking agent, which is Flight Network, who are based in Canada.
You can either reach out to them or have your brother-in-law change his passport, whichever is easier/cheaper.

Here are their contacts:

Allison Eberle​
VP of Operations​
Gabor Toth​
President​
Naman Budhdeo​
CEO and Founder​

In your communications with them, it is important that you send only one email per week before escalating to the next level.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Is your Brother in Law flying with a Canadian or US Passport? He may want to look into getting his passport changed, if it’s possible it will cost very little vs ultimately being required to buy a new ticket which is what ultimately WILL happen.
Please in the future when booking ANY tickets, book direct and not thru a third party and alway always have pictures of everyone’s passports in front of you when booking.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
When are you scheduled to fly? If it is soon you will likely have to buy a new ticket at current prices and may get no credit for the already purchased ticket (the existing ticket may be non-refundable, with no changes allowed). If you have sufficient time the only way to do this without much cost is to have his passport changed. You are likely to be further stonewalled by Flight Network.

"that name correction can be done by the airline within 48 Hours prior to the flight departure ". There is no guarantee that this will happen.
If you wait until 48 hrs before scheduled departure he will probably not be allowed to fly.