Need help with AT&T computer and phone services

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 10, 2018
Sporadic service for internet and phone for nine months. They finally fixed the problem and I want restitution in the amount of $500.00. I have had numerous service calls and servicemen out to try to repair the problems. I have a list of names of people I have had contact with and they (AT&T) have assigned me a case number. I also contacted the Ohio Attorneys Generals office and have a case number with them also. After nine months of no phone. no internet, days off of work, I am finally up to the name right below the CEO of AT&T. I have spoken to the man named Jesse. His response was to have his team call me, not at the time I provided or the phone number I provided, but at my home in the daytime when I am at work. If someone can help me or have any ideas I am more than willing to give it a try. Thanks.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You are doing what we would suggest - write one at a time to the executives. Have you used the company contacts we show on top of our pages? We advise insisting on emails so there is no misunderstanding of what is being said.

That said - I think you are asking for too much reimbursement. Have you had anyone email you back and make any kind of offer?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I don't know - if @vanipoly had virtually no service for 9 mos, reimbursement of $55/mo does not sound terribly unreasonable.
If he actually had to pay for it while there was no actual service- they should refund everything they charged while he had no service. I wasn’t clear on where he came up with $500 from.

If it’s just for the inconvenience - it’s may be too much. I hope our writer will come back and explain where he is getting the figure from.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I just replaced my non-working phone service at ATT after ten years of misery. I live outside a metro area and finally was able to get internet-based service from Ooma just a few months ago. I'm here to tell you that ATT plays hardball when it comes to service, compensation and refunds. I do believe that they have seen it all and are not ever going to move off their stance. ATT has no genuine interest in giving their customers good service. I talked with the "office of the President" several times (after filing a complaint with the California PUC) and he finally admitted that the lines up my hill are ancient, and ATT will not be repairing or replacing them ... ever. He gave me a credit of $44, one month's charge. So I am a thousand percent behind you in attempting to make them take care of you.

The amount of compensation you request from ATT should reflect the exact number of days where there was no internet, the number of days with a certain percentage of use, number of days during which you had workable service ... you get the picture. Unless you have kept meticulous records, you'll need to play hardball with THEM. I would compile a "diary" over the last nine years and produce a dollar figure. They will never come up with anything ... but if you present them with a logical request for reimbursement I don't see how they can get away with ignoring you. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

Mar 10, 2018
If he actually had to pay for it while there was no actual service- they should refund everything they charged while he had no service. I wasn’t clear on where he came up with $500 from.

If it’s just for the inconvenience - it’s may be too much. I hope our writer will come back and explain where he is getting the figure from.
I have a contract with them. I paid every month. Service was sporadic. I am talking about a week where there was no phone or internet service for 5 days out of 7, the next week no service for 3 out of 7, the next week 2 out of 7, the next week 5 days out of 7.... These folks are very smart. They will not commit to any issues in an email, just over the phone. So far they have issued $254.00 as credit. This does not barely cover nine months of non-service. They have the entire history of service calls, complaints, etc... The man I am trying to deal with is the name I got from your contacts. I am trying to get a nudge from the Ohio Attorneys Generals office. Am keeping them in the loop on all emails. Have now posted on their Facebook page. I am not going away.

Mar 10, 2018
Just spoke with Jesse at AT&T. He said no further credit will be issued. He also said if I appeal to someone higher than him( as in the list you provide) it will only come back to him and he will contact me with the same answer. Has anyone had this experience? I did get his name from your list.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Use our company contacts and start writing the the Executives. Tell them exactly how you came to the calculation you are asking for as you just stated in post 6 because that is a logical way to make sense of the amount

And state that even though Jesse told you not to bother going any higher because the letter will go back to him you are hoping that as the (position in company) you know he or she has the power to review a logical request and compensate properly.

Mar 10, 2018
I guess I will go away. AT&T contacted the Attorney General's office and told them the credit given already is all they will pay. The AG suggested I could get an attorney to pursue the matter further. This will take more of my time and time is money. I will not give them any more of my time. From what I see on their facebook page a lot of people have received service as poor as myself and have had no response. I, like many others will change service providers as soon as I legally can change the service. Thanks for your support.