Need help! Tampered Home Depot gift card from Fred Meyer

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 26, 2018
Write the way we advise on the company contacts main page- one at a time leaving a week in between letters as you move up the executive chain. Keep all correspondence.
Home depot refund me as a courtesy. They advise not buying homedepot gift card from 3rd party, like Kroger.

Kroger executive hasn't responded me yet.

To me, home depot definitely puts customer first while Kroger sucks.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So you’ve been made whole? That’s great news.

This is really a good warning for others about these cards. One question- was the pin exposed on the back of the cards or was it not scratched off?

If I go to buy a gift card and see the pin is visible on the back- I won’t buy it. Anyone can make note of them and redeem them.

And ever buy them from discounted websites. That’s the easiest way to get scammed.

May 26, 2018
So you’ve been made whole? That’s great news.

This is really a good warning for others about these cards. One question- was the pin exposed on the back of the cards or was it not scratched off?

If I go to buy a gift card and see the pin is visible on the back- I won’t buy it. Anyone can make note of them and redeem them.

And ever buy them from discounted websites. That’s the easiest way to get scammed.
The gift card was not scratched off. But I guess you don't need the pin to use it. Someone may scan the barcode and reprint it. Raise.com has 1 year guarantee making sure you can use the gift card. I am surprised Kroger do nothing. Even they don't admit, they are basically saying customers are on their own when buying gift card from them.