need flights reinstated

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 13, 2019
On April 8th, I booked 2 separate flights for my family on Easy Jet Airlines to complete all the travel of our vacation. My son is graduating Graduate School in Denmark and we are all going to see the ceremony and then to vacation.
After Capital One approved the charges, Easy Jet cancelled them( I spoke to Cap One and Easy Jet). When I called Easy Jet I was told that I could only buy tickets using cash at an airport. Since there are no Easy Jet terminals in the US, I sent my son over to the Copenhagen Airport. He was told the price would be tripled. When I called again to inquire, I was instructed to send my CC statement to Easy Jet and they will review why. No one can tell me what happened. I was told 30 day inquiry. I called back this past Friday May 3rd, and still no answer and no information as to why.
PLEASE HELP US!

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Have you tried to make another booking via their website? I have only used EasyJet once a number of years ago but did not have any issues with purchasing tickets stateside via a credit card.

Sep 19, 2015
It sounds like they suspected credit card fraud and that is why the tickets were cancelled. Where were you flying from?

How are you getting to Europe to take an Easyjet flight.

May 13, 2019
Have you tried to make another booking via their website? I have only used EasyJet once a number of years ago but did not have any issues with purchasing tickets stateside via a credit card.
I was told by EasyJet that I had to go to an airport and pay cash. They can not tell me why.
My Cc company already had approved the charge.

May 13, 2019
It sounds like they suspected credit card fraud and that is why the tickets were cancelled. Where were you flying from?

How are you getting to Europe to take an Easyjet flight.
We are flying through London from Orlando.
Then easyjet around europe. There was no fraud. My cc company approved the charges.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
We are flying through London from Orlando.
Then easyjet around europe. There was no fraud. My cc company approved the charges.
I would try again. As I mentioned before, I was able to purchase tickets without incident. It could have been a glitch in the system when you attempted the transaction.

Or, you could look at purchasing tickets through another airline.

Sep 19, 2015
I suspect something triggered a fraud algorithm— it may be that someone with the same or similar name is on a fraud list— hence the pay in cash. If someone with a similar name used a stolen card or did a fraud chargeback one can be caught up in mistaken identity.

Most companies do not say how the fraud algorithm works.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you tried to book those same flights now- is the pricing the same? When you book, tickets aren’t always issued immediately- they might have found a pricing error and rejected it on their end except having to pay cash doesn’t make sense.

Do you have a different credit card you can use ?

Did you ever receive a confirmation showing actual ticket numbers being issued? If not- the reservation was never confirmed.

We have contacts at EasyJet- did you try going higher up?

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/easyjet/