Need a middle name on my ticket

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 28, 2019
My son forgot to write my middle name on my ticket for a family trip to Spain in June.My passport includes my middle name. I called Orbitz. They say they have contacted Iberia, and I will not have a problem; however, I have called Iberia and neither Ariana (Ariadna) nor Joanna would state the same , and they both told me I should contact Orbitz for a name correction. An Orbitz agent did say that it was possible to void my ticket and issue a new one, but then he checked the notes about my previous call and referred me to a supervisor who instead offered to write me an email stating in writing that he spoke to Diego in Iberia, and I should not have a problem. This is a very expensive trip with 11 members of my family. I am 74 years old and very nervous about this. Please help!

May 16, 2018
For several years the airlines have been refusing to put the middle names on our airline tickets. I've flown with both US and international airlines and they just aren't putting middle names. Even when I asked, they refused to put them. On some of the sites, there is no longer a box to even put a middle initial. I'm thinking this shouldn't be a problem, but maybe you should get something in writing from Iberia. If you can't get them to respond in writing, perhaps a trip to the airport would help.

Apr 1, 2018
While there are no guarantees when flying because of inconsistent rule enforcement, last year my last name was repeated twice on my ticket. I called and called and Iberia said no problem, and it wasn't when I checked in.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I just did a mock booking directly on Iberia’s website. Their own website doesn’t have a place to put your middle name. There are only boxes to put your first and last name.

If their own website doesn’t have a box to add the middle name, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Here is a screen shot- try and create a reservation yourself and ease your mind.

Attachments