Name change with JustFly

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 30, 2019
So I am in a similar situation right now with JustFly. I need the middle name spelled out on a flight booked a few weeks ago because it only includes the middle initial. After multiple calls to JustFly, they finally said they could do it if I do the following:
1) Email them at their verification email address a picture of the passport, including the JustFly Booking number & the Finnair Record locator
2) Call them back 24 hours after emailing
3) Pay JF a $75 name correction fee plus a $25 Finnair name correction fee for a total of $100 I would pay to JF

Is this what you ended up having to do? Or did you get your airline to make the change without paying JF?

Jan 30, 2019
My post above is in reply to the thread from March 2018 titled "All I wanted was to have a middle name changed from JAN to JANE" started by rag33

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The other poster hasn’t been back since last year.

If that’s all it cost you to fix your ticket, you got a steal. They usually make you cancel the ticket, absorb a cancellation fee and buy a new ticket. Which usually costs hundreds more than you originally paid.

Sep 19, 2015
I think you have to go through Justfly since you booked the ticket with them; this is one reason I recommend booking directly rather than an online booking engine as you have to pay a service fee to Justfly and to the airline. Justfly has control of your ticket, I do not think the airline can do that kind of change.

Jan 30, 2019
Anytime I try to type a post or a response to this thread, This is the error I keep getting:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Anytime I try to type a post or a response to this thread, This is the error I keep getting:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.
This got posted, Tharr, so please try again.

Jan 30, 2019
I am happy to report that I followed Justfly’s instructions and today the middle name on the ticket was spelled out in full. When I had initially called Justfly, they said I had to cancel the original booking & rebook and lose about $400 in fees but thanks to a Finnair agent I spoke to directly, they assured me that I was legally entitled to a name correction for a small name correction fee.

Jan 30, 2019
What I had to do was email Justfly’s verification email address with the photo of the passport that had the middle name spelled out. Then they had to submit the request to their supplier which is Adam Travel. Then after a few days they called me back so they could charge me the $75 Justfly fee for name correction. Then after a few more days there was a $25 fee charged by Finnair airlines for their name correction fee. And then a day later, the full middle name appeared on the booking. I’m so relieved. During all of this time I called Finnair on a few occasions where they kept assuring me that this name correction was a simple matter as long as the booking travel agent followed their procedure. The Finnair agent even told me the website where it is clearly spelled out what the travel agent has to put in their booking software to make it happen. The agent assured me that they have worked with Adam Travel many times in the past and have done this successfully. This really calmed my nerves after having read all of the horror stories of other people. I don’t know if my situation was an easier one because it was a middle initial ibeing changed to a spelled out middle name and maybe other cases are more difficult.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I think that it is absolutely ridiculous that the airlines cannot make a simple fix like this without charging ridiculous fees. But that’s my opinion (and I’m sure it’s most of our opinions).

This was not a huge fix - I actually think you would have been fine leaving the ticket as it was but it was better to get it fixed.

We have so many complaints about Justfly I am actually shocked you had a good outcome.

You mention a travel agent which you did not mention in your first post. How did you book this? Did you give the travel agent your full middle name when you booked and did they only put the initial in? If they made the error, they should have paid any fees to fix it.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
What I had to do was email Justfly’s verification email address with the photo of the passport that had the middle name spelled out. Then they had to submit the request to their supplier which is Adam Travel. Then after a few days they called me back so they could charge me the $75 Justfly fee for name correction. Then after a few more days there was a $25 fee charged by Finnair airlines for their name correction fee. And then a day later, the full middle name appeared on the booking. I’m so relieved. During all of this time I called Finnair on a few occasions where they kept assuring me that this name correction was a simple matter as long as the booking travel agent followed their procedure. The Finnair agent even told me the website where it is clearly spelled out what the travel agent has to put in their booking software to make it happen. The agent assured me that they have worked with Adam Travel many times in the past and have done this successfully. This really calmed my nerves after having read all of the horror stories of other people. I don’t know if my situation was an easier one because it was a middle initial ibeing changed to a spelled out middle name and maybe other cases are more difficult.
Well done! I don't think we've ever seen a problem with a middle name ... but you just can't count on that and we'll never tell you not to worry. I fly with no middle name on my tix because at one time I thought it was liberated to use my maiden name as a middle name, so my DL and passport have different middle names. Nobody has ever said boo about NMN on my tix. Pulling this off with JustFly is quite a feather in your cap! Thanks so much for letting us know.

Jan 30, 2019
I think that it is absolutely ridiculous that the airlines cannot make a simple fix like this without charging ridiculous fees. But that’s my opinion (and I’m sure it’s most of our opinions).

This was not a huge fix - I actually think you would have been fine leaving the ticket as it was but it was better to get it fixed.

We have so many complaints about Justfly I am actually shocked you had a good outcome.

You mention a travel agent which you did not mention in your first post. How did you book this? Did you give the travel agent your full middle name when you booked and did they only put the initial in? If they made the error, they should have paid any fees to fix it.
Neil, you very well could be right that I didn’t need to make the fix but for $100, I didn’t want to risk anything since it was a ticket I had booked for my father. Plus the Finnair airline agent told me that it did need to be fixed.
I found the flight on kayak.com which I had been checking daily through their watchlist feature. This direct flight to Europe on American Airlines kept showing up but it was over $1100 so I waited to see if the price would drop. Suddenly one morning the same direct flight showed up as $540 but it was offered by Finnair airlines, still operated by American Airlines. What I didn’t realize is that I was buying the ticket through justfly.com. I am the one who entered all of the information. I’m traveling with my daughter and my father and I made a guess that my father just had a middle initial on his passport. I guessed wrong. So it was totally my fault. I knew I was taking a risk but I have had to deal with suffixes at the end of my husband’s and son’s names in the past on domestic flights and it was never a big deal so I didn’t sweat it at the time. I was naïve to think it would not be a big deal when dealing with international flights and passports.
I have to say all of the agents I spoke to at Finnair airlines are so helpful and so kind. One of them explained to me that Adam travel is one of the largest travel agencies and they have multiple smaller organizations under them, one of which is Justfly. Thanks to them, I was able to save a lot of money but I don’t like the fact that they own the booking until the day I check in for the flight. What I don’t know is could I have gotten that same deal if I had booked directly on Finnair airlines. Who was it who offered the good deal? Finnair Airlines or Justfly/Adam OTA.
Chalk this one up to a learning experience... Thank you to all in this forum for your thoughts & advice.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The $100 was well spent. I would have done the same thing. If you look at some of our other posts, the airlines want hundreds of dollars or require canceling and repurchasing a ticket.

We’ve had so many issues with JustFly that I am shocked that you were able to get any assistance.

Just an FYI about that company- the BBB warns people not to book using JusyFly, that’s how many issues there are.

Congratulations on a great outcome.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
The $100 was well spent. I would have done the same thing. If you look at some of our other posts, the airlines want hundreds of dollars or require canceling and repurchasing a ticket.

We’ve had so many issues with JustFly that I am shocked that you were able to get any assistance.

Just an FYI about that company- the BBB warns people not to book using JusyFly, that’s how many issues there are.

Congratulations on a great outcome.
If you want to look at this in a positive way, you might guess that this forum is getting some attention and MAYBE some of the OTAs/airlines/other travel vendors are starting to realize that some customer service might be a benefit to them.