My flight was for 10:45 so i looked at my email my flight got delayed to 12:14 so i get to the airport they tell me my flight left at 10:45

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Can you explain this better? You had a flight scheduled for 10:45. Where were you flying from and flying to?

Did you arrive st the airport by 8:45 ? Can you copy and paste what the email said? What airline was it?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
So now i lost my money and my flight
So you didn't get to the airport in time for the 1045am departure? This is one of those sticky points with "instant" electronic communications. The airlines send out this notice, but they don't tell you that you still have to be ready to board at 1045. It's maddening, and they all do it. Compose a concise, polite email and send it to customer service. Ask them for a credit towards a future flight. If no response after two weeks, use our Company Contacts to escalate your request, waiting a week between each submission. Spirit is a low budget airline, so it will be difficult to get some customer service, but you may be lucky. Please let us know what happens.

Nov 17, 2018
I wish i could copy and paste it when i look back at my email the time change back to the regular time then my wife called orbit airline to see whats going on they said it was delayed get to the airport on the delayed time they tell me it was never delayed

Feb 17, 2018
I'm afraid that the airlines consider delay advisories, just that an advisory. They still require you to check in for your flight based on the scheduled depart time. Delay time can shift frequently as the earlier flights arrive and depart, so it is always possible the delay time may improve. This is something that every airline does, not just this one.

A polite email to one of the executives listed on this site, may get you an exception for a future credit.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
What is "Orbit"? Did you make the reservation through Spirit Airlines or a third-party booking site?

Nov 17, 2018
Thats what really happened mywife can tell you better then me she was the one talking to them since Friday tell today.. If it wasn't for that delayed flight i woulda been there on the original time

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I am confused. You did or didn’t receive an email?

“when i look back at my email the time change back to the regular time then my wife called orbit airline to see whats going on they said it was delayed get to the airport on the delayed time”

You should have gone by the written time on your boarding pass, not what you were told over the phone. You are going to have a tough fight on your hands with Spirit.

Here are our company contacts for Spirit. Try writing to them.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/spirit-airlines/

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
This is just awful for a pax who is not familiar with these types of situations.
Years ago I had a scheduled flight out of SFO for approx 8am.
I got a phone call (!!!!) around 4am advising me flight would be delayed -because of fog, of course, until approx noonish.
They did tell me that I still needed to be at the airport at the earlier time, because the situation could change.
The phone call that woke me up then seemed rather absurd, but there you go.
Hence, I have been aware of this phenomenon, but if I wasn’t aware, and got an email, I would just think like @Prettyrilla and get to the airport for the rescheduled departure.
Really, the bottom line is that if you buy something, you need to know ALL the rules. The rules are all available for everyone to know. It just takes a lot of time to read/understand.
I’ve never flown spirit, but I understand that their super low prices means that’s they are very stingy once they get your $ in their account. No exceptions.
Oh yeah, after MUCH nationwide public shaming, they did refund a dying veteran who was unable to take his flight after buying his ticket.
https://thinkprogress.org/spirit-airlines-wont-refund-dying-veteran-s-ticket-d8b8af1f3c83/