My aweful weekend at Westgate

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 23, 2019
I book a 2 night stay and a resort in Myrtle Beach. SC. My wife and my 3 kids. I wanted a 2bdr condo and we were being potential Westgate owners. But when I check in I got push into a 2bd hotel at Westgate, it was awful. I book my reservation through a 3rd party that works for Westgate. The staff at the Westgate gate Myrtle Beach was awful. I wasn't offered any resolutions to the problem that their company made a mistake. My weekend was the most terribliest time I ever spent in Myrtle Beach, because of the accomdations I received from Westgate.

What's your desired resolution? I would like to spend a weekend in Westgate newest resort in Myrtle Beach, then I would be more to listen to the 90minute presentation on becoming owners of Westgate. I thought I spent money on a resort room but I got an awful hotel room on my stay

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I book a 2 night stay and a resort in Myrtle Beach. SC. My wife and my 3 kids. I wanted a 2bdr condo and we were being potential Westgate owners. But when I check in I got push into a 2bd hotel at Westgate, it was awful. I book my reservation through a 3rd party that works for Westgate. The staff at the Westgate gate Myrtle Beach was awful. I wasn't offered any resolutions to the problem that their company made a mistake. My weekend was the most terribliest time I ever spent in Myrtle Beach, because of the accomdations I received from Westgate.

What's your desired resolution? I would like to spend a weekend in Westgate newest resort in Myrtle Beach, then I would be more to listen to the 90minute presentation on becoming owners of Westgate. I thought I spent money on a resort room but I got an awful hotel room on my stay
What did your reservation say you were supposed to receive? You probably were lucky you were not subjected to the 90 min presentation and lucky to walk away without getting suckered into buying there. You should avoid these presentations and the associated hardball, hard sell tactics. These forums are full of people who were pressured into buying time shares/fractional ownerships that do not meet their needs and have NO resale value.

Dec 19, 2014
So, after your experience at Westgate, you STILL want to be an owner at Westgate? I'm a bit baffled.

As weihlac already asked, what does your reservation say? Does it guarantee a 2 bedroom villa? If not, then you don't have much of a recourse. The way Westgate works, you reserve your room, then if you agree to attend the timeshare presentation, you get a discounted room rate.

Sep 19, 2015
Umm most westgate hotels are time shares not hotels. You just got a lesser desirable unit.

How can the company use the word villa when they are just different units in a high rise? Villa means a detached accommodation ie a house.

And have you watched the Queen of Versailles documentary?

If the company treats you this badly now think how it will be as an owner once they have your money.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Please don’t consider buying into any of these time shares! If you ate treated this poorly and didn’t like the resort, why would you want to buy?

Are you saying you received a room with two beds and not a 2 bedroom unit?

Time shares are rarely good ideas. Please review the many posts we have about them and how difficult they are to get out of once you buy.

We need to see exactly what you booked and what the third party stated you were supposed to receive.

Please read the many cases we have here about buyers remorse after buying. Here are a few:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/exiting-a-time-share-contract-and-mortgage.10131/page-2

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/n...d-vacation-4-month-out-bait-and-switch.10077/

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/worldmark-timeshare-exit.9503/

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/bahia-principe-privilege-club.9089/

Sep 20, 2018
I have a relative that has many time shares... They use them though... not sure of the utility of them myself and the fees they have to pay are costly I imagine...