Move to another airline due to Canceled flight

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Before deregulation of the airlines moving from on airline to another was not as complicated as it is today. If your flight was canceled due to anything but weather and especially if you were going to miss a connection airline A would endorse your ticket to airline B.

This summer I arrived at the airport very early for a 3 segment journey on UA home. My first flight was delayed forcing me to miss my connections that would get me home midday. Instead of endorsing me over to an AA flight UA forced me to stay at the airport and wait for the delayed UA flight. That created a problem because I didn't arrive home until almost 11p.

Airlines don't want to endorse anybody's ticket to another airline. That's money out of their pocket---which they care more about than their passengers.

Some day their cavalier treatment of their clients may come back to bite them.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Before deregulation of the airlines moving from on airline to another was not as complicated as it is today. If your flight was canceled due to anything but weather and especially if you were going to miss a connection airline A would endorse your ticket to airline B.

This summer I arrived at the airport very early for a 3 segment journey on UA home. My first flight was delayed forcing me to miss my connections that would get me home midday. Instead of endorsing me over to an AA flight UA forced me to stay at the airport and wait for the delayed UA flight. That created a problem because I didn't arrive home until almost 11p.

Airlines don't want to endorse anybody's ticket to another airline. That's money out of their pocket---which they care more about than their passengers.

Some day their cavalier treatment of their clients may come back to bite them.
It really does seem that the airlines go out of their way to diss their passengers. I did read that the clearing house for those interline tix way back when didn't do a particularly good job of making the original airline whole. So one by one the big guys started just not playing ball at all with each other. As usual, we're the ones that suffer.

Oct 5, 2015
If you had expensive tickets they probably would be endorse able. Why not spend more money for that privilege next time? Are you willing to pay a lot more?