Money stolen while staying at Adagio Paris Centre Eiffel Tour

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 30, 2019
Between 9/22-11/5/2019 we stayed at the Adagio Paris Centre Eiffel Tour. On 9/29/2019 someone with access to a room key entered our room without our permission went through my personal belongings and stole $300 US and 300 Euros from a zippered pouch located in a cupboard in the bedroom. Upon discovery of this theft on 9/30/19 I immediately notified hotel staff and was told I would need to submit a police report. I met with the police and an eleven page report was created and given to me along with a 3 page report which I was told to give to the hotel staff. I returned to the hotel and gave this paperwork to assistant manager Elie El Hayek who assured me he would submit a claim to their insurance and I would be e-mailed with the claim information. Before leaving I met with him again and he assured me, " he would take care of it." I also notified our travel agent and requested she also contact the hotel manager which she did. Upon arrival back to the States I received an e-mail from my travel agent stating she received an e-mail back from Mr. El Hayek stating no theft occurred but the money was put in a pillowcase and went to the laundry. I immediately e-mailed my travel agent and Mr.El Hayek and informed them this information was incorrect, a theft had occurred. I have e-mailed Mr.El Hayek, the hotel manager and the hotel website many times requesting information but have not received a single response.

Sep 19, 2015
Can you give more details about the theft and response?

Are you an American citizen resident? Not trying to be nosy but there are some consumer protection agencies for EU residents/ citizens.

There are major gangs of hotel thieves in Paris — rats — they are called — but this is not sounding like that.

Oct 30, 2019
Can you give more details about the theft and response?

Are you an American citizen resident? Not trying to be nosy but there are some consumer protection agencies for EU residents/ citizens.

There are major gangs of hotel thieves in Paris — rats — they are called — but this is not sounding like that.
I am an American who was on vacation.

Oct 30, 2019
If the money went to the laundry- why wasn’t it returned to you? His story sounds bogus to me.

Is this hotel part of a corporate chain? Have you called him and spoken to him?
This is a cooperate chain; Adagio Aparthotel. The CEO's name and e-mail have been provided to me and I have contacted him.

Oct 30, 2019
I attempted to e-mail CEO Kmalek @adagio-city.com and received this reply:
Message not delivered
Your message couldn't be delivered to [email protected] because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.
I have now left a message on the web page for Accor.com

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
That may make it harder to plead your case. If there was a safe in your room, and you didn't use it, the hotel may say it was your own negligence. I'm not saying that it was, but just that the hotel will say that a safe was available and you chose not to use it (whether or not you knew it was there.)

Oct 30, 2019
Let us know what happens.
soon after I e-mailed CEO of Adagio: [email protected] I received an e-mail from Mr. Elie El Hayek:
Dear Mrs O Leary,

We acknowledge receiving your emails regarding the incident that occurred during your stay with us.

Please be assured that as explained to you during our last meeting, we have opened a case with our insurance and they will get back to you very shortly.
From our side we will chase them again today to speed the treatment of your file.

Once again, please accept our apologize for this incident beyond our control and we hope that you will not hold it against us.

I remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need.

With my best regards,

Elie El Hayek
Directeur - General Manager

Tel: +33 (0) 1.45.71.85.30
Fax: +33 (0) 1.53.95.06.09
Cell: +33 (0) 6.79.94.98.46
e-mail:[email protected]

I will be ccing Mr K. Malak all future correspondence I have with Mr. El Hayek

Oct 30, 2019
60 days have now passed since I was the victim of theft while staying at Adagio Paris centre Tour Eiffel. After I e-mailed the CEO [email protected] I did receive a response from the hotel manager on 11/13/19:
Dear Mrs O'Leary,

I thank you for your email.
Please be informed that I have once again contacted our insurance today.
You file is under study and we will get back to you at the latest by the end of next week.
I am really sorry for the delay.
Remaining at your disposal for any information you may need.
With my kind regards,

Elie El Hayek

I am still waiting. Is there anything you can do to resolve this issue

Oct 30, 2019
reviewing Trip Advisor I found the following reviews from the same time period I stayed at this hotel. It appears theft is a common occurrance and they don't do anything.
Got burglar in our hotel room
Review of Aparthotel Adagio Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Got burglar in our hotel room. My Macbook, iPhone, Apple Watch, My daughter's iPad, Galaxy watch were stolen from our room. We came back from our tour and found out all our electronic devices were gone!

I still cannot believe this happen in the hotel room! I'm traveling all around the world and it's the first time I got a burglar in a HOTEL ROOM!!

I had to go to the police station alone since they refused to accompany me. I was refused the refund of the hotel. They said they will start to investigate with their insurance company and there was no explanation which insurance company & any timeline and no info of their insurance company at all. I highly doubt they really will proceed this case

Terrible horrible hotel ever. I will keep asking them about the investigation proccess. I cannot forget the woman manager came to me saying 'are you the one who buzzed yesterday?' Buzz? To her customer? She saw my address in Thailand. Saying 'oh my parents are living in Thailand, too'. Is she normal?More
Date of stay: October 2019
See all 2,466 reviews
Got burglar in our hotel room
Review of Aparthotel Adagio Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Got burglar in our hotel room. My Macbook, iPhone, Apple Watch, My daughter's iPad, Galaxy watch were stolen from our room. We came back from our tour and found out all our electronic devices were gone!

I still cannot believe this happen in the hotel room! I'm traveling all around the world and it's the first time I got a burglar in a HOTEL ROOM!!

I had to go to the police station alone since they refused to accompany me. I was refused the refund of the hotel. They said they will start to investigate with their insurance company and there was no explanation which insurance company & any timeline and no info of their insurance company at all. I highly doubt they really will proceed this case

Terrible horrible hotel ever. I will keep asking them about the investigation proccess. I cannot forget the woman manager came to me saying 'are you the one who buzzed yesterday?' Buzz? To her customer? She saw my address in Thailand. Saying 'oh my parents are living in Thailand, too'. Is she normal?More
Date of stay: October 2019
See all 2,466 reviews

Oct 30, 2019
here is another:

BEWARE OF ROBBERY IN THIS HOTEL
BEWARE!!
This is the worst place that I have ever stayed, and the worst experience I’ve ever had. Let me start by saying that this is not a 4 Star hotel as they claim to be. Far from that is not even a 1 Star hotel. People that work in this place are not polite, the place is dirty and the rooms have very little illumination so that you do not see how dirty and old they look. But that is not the worst part. There are thieves working in this hotel!!! Let me explain why I say this.
I spent more than a week in this hotel last November and the last day of my stay, my jewelry and other personal property was stolen form the room’s safe box. The hotel took a very long time to respond to me and to give me the information in order to present a formal claim. After many emails back and forth with the hotel and communications with the police department, I followed all the recommendations, that included police report, sending documents to the Prosecutor of Paris and asking the hotel to summit the claim to their insurance.
After taking several months the insurance finally decided to respond that they did not cover this kind of claim. Therefore, I asked: if you do not cover a robbery that occur in your hotel, what do you have an insurance for? Until today there has been no answer.
I am very disappointed and sad to know that we paid a lot of money for our stay at this place thinking that it was a good place, and it was not. Moreover, I am sure that this was an inside job, and looking at some reviews of this hotel, I realized that this wasn’t the first time that something like this happened in this very same hotel.
If you ever decide to stay at this hotel, be prepare!!! Because I am sure what happened to us is not going to be the last time they do this. They are getting away and taking advantage of people, because they know nothing is going to be done. DO NOT STAY IN THIS PLACE
Read less

Jul 30, 2018
60 days have now passed since I was the victim of theft while staying at Adagio Paris centre Tour Eiffel. After I e-mailed the CEO [email protected] I did receive a response from the hotel manager on 11/13/19:
Dear Mrs O'Leary,

I thank you for your email.
Please be informed that I have once again contacted our insurance today.
You file is under study and we will get back to you at the latest by the end of next week.
I am really sorry for the delay.
Remaining at your disposal for any information you may need.
With my kind regards,

Elie El Hayek

I am still waiting. Is there anything you can do to resolve this issue
You'll need to hang tight and wait for the hotel's insurance company to answer. Have you investigated any applicable French consumer laws or agencies that could assist you?