Money sent from Paypal account never arrived

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 21, 2019
Last July,I sent €900 from my Paypal account to my bank account which is the one associated with my Paypal account.
The money has not yet been paid into my bank account,in spite of several letters I have written to Paypal during the last
few months including copies of the transaction as well as the transaction number.
I would be so grateful if you can help me “recover” my money?

Attachments

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Are you sure you listed your account number properly on the transfer? These things usually happen when there is an error in the account number.

You need to have PayPal send you the confirmation of the transfer. Then you need to take that to your bank and have them go back on their end to find out where the money is.

Here are our company contacts for PayPal - you can use them.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/paypal/

This tells you how to write and take your issue up the executive chain:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Let us know how you make out after completing the writing chain.

Mar 23, 2015
Good luck! Be forewarned, however. If you accidentally put in someone else's account number by transposing a figure-- they are under no legal obligation to get back to you and it will be an uphill battle to get it back!

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
I believe that if a PP account holder was transferring money to his own account, that account would have already been verified at the time he set up the PP account. They verify that it is your account by sending 3 random small cent deposits and you then report the amounts of those deposits to PP to prove to each of you that the right
account is registered with them. You cannot have a PP account without some verified account tied to it. When I set mine up in the late 90’s I had to give them access to a bank checking account so that they could access the funds that I wanted to spend with that account. Later in, I was able to add a credit card account and use it to pay for my purchases. Both of these accounts to MUST be varified before they can be tied to your account .
I’m not sure Neil’s suggestion will work as most financial institutions give you only 60 days to report any errors. Last July is 6 months ago. @Cillikugel - have you been working with your back on this issue before this?

Last edited: