Maxboost battery case for free

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 10, 2019
I purchased a screen protector that shows that it was from Maxboost. The cover also showed a free maxboost battery case. I went through the process of reviewing it on amazon and the next step according to the process was to go to the website"maxboostpower.com/batterycase4u". When I did this it came up with a 404 error. I have contacted them but they say the case is discontinued and after showing them a current model on their website they stated:
"Good afternoon Tony
Regarding the image that you have provided, you would have to purchase the battery case in order to attain it. For the offer that was aforementioned, that was an offer but unfortunately it has expired.

For out of stock, this regards our warehouse. Our warehouse is different from Amazon's warehouse. There is a possibility that Amazon may have this item in stock, and you can purchase it from Amazon if they do happen to have it in stock.

Best Regards,
Anthony
Maxboost Customer Service"

I feel they are still obligated to provide this product to me.

Attachments

Apr 3, 2016
There might have been fine print on the offer page that no longer exists. Did you go to to offer page before you bought it to check out the details? The offer being expired/over does not surprise me. This is for a very old iPhone 5S which came out almost 6 years ago. Did you pay full price for the item or was it in be bargain bin/store? I do not think any stores are selling iPhone 5S accessories at full price anymore. I do not know if it is reasonable to expect an offer to be valid on such an old product.

Jul 10, 2019
There might have been fine print on the offer page that no longer exists. Did you go to to offer page before you bought it to check out the details? The offer being expired/over does not surprise me. This is for a very old iPhone 5S which came out almost 6 years ago. Did you pay full price for the item or was it in be bargain bin/store? I do not think any stores are selling iPhone 5S accessories at full price anymore. I do not know if it is reasonable to expect an offer to be valid on such an old product.
This is getting ridiculous to a point where 2 companies worth at least a Million or(billion)$ aren't willing to come up with a FREE phone case where they advertised without any disclaimer!

Jul 10, 2019
I would ask where and under what circumstances did you find this Promo Deal. Or did you just see a picture of it on line?
If you look up in one of the initial replies from me you will see a JPG of the box and looking through the whole box there is no indication of any expiration date. Further more , if you look at their website they are still selling the 5S case!

Jul 10, 2019
Additional quote:

Did you look at their website which I highlighted in a previous response - they are still selling the 5s Case!

Nov 21, 2014
Ok still not clear to me. Yes I saw the picture, was this a paper ad IN the box with merchandise you purchased. I trying to figure out if you have this promo in paper or did you just take a picture of it and don’t have access to the BACK or the complete promo piece.
Don’t get irritated, we are trying and wanting to help you but your Picture is not the Full and complete answer. Companies do have the right to withdraw Promos and do so all the time.
Now once again where did you see this, you took a picture do you actually have the Paper Ad Promo piece and can turn it over and see the back?

Sep 19, 2015
This is getting ridiculous to a point where 2 companies worth at least a Million or(billion)$ aren't willing to come up with a FREE phone case where they advertised without any disclaimer!
maxboost did the promotion. They were encouraging reviews — obviously wanted good ones in exchange for a free product.

Amazon had nothing to do with the promotion.

This promotion is from 2015 — see the time when people were disclosing that in reviews — it is required language.

This is old packaging and promotion has expired as the website so longer exists.

Apr 3, 2016
Both the screen saver and the battery pack in Amazon are being sold by a third company. I believe this is probably new old stock of a product maxboost does not make anymore. If Maxboost does not have it in stock, they cannot send it. You could try contacting the actual company that sold it on Amazon and see if they will send you one.
Just an FYI.. the battery in the pack will be old. It is possible that it might not hold a charge very well.

Jul 10, 2019
maxboost did the promotion. They were encouraging reviews — obviously wanted good ones in exchange for a free product.

Amazon had nothing to do with the promotion.

This promotion is from 2015 — see the time when people were disclosing that in reviews — it is required language.

This is old packaging and promotion has expired as the website so longer exists.
Back to the original issue - why didn't they go through the process of each step it takes to get rid of the promotion - get rid of the box -2015!!!- isn't it 2019!