Lyft rental through Hertz

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 18, 2019
Hello.
I was renting a car through a program with Lyft. After returning, a Hertz representative said I would get correspondence from them and Lyft in regards to money owed. Which I have yet to receive. I have emailed Lyft over and over, finally to get an amount owed. They started my account was still active and I could continue to drive. Did so for 5 days. Cashed out, deposit was received in my account then immediately refunded. Went to the Lyft hub and they informed me that my earnings would be withheld until amount was paid in full. Is this accurate or legal? How do I contact Hertz directly to see if I could setup a payment plan?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Haven’t you paid them for the lease? You have to pay to rent the car:

DRIVE MORE, PAY LESS
Express Drive rentals start at $479.50 per week in New York City, or pay as low as $279.50 with Rental Rewards. Our rewards program is design to make your rental more affordable — the more you drive, the less you pay.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com