Looking for a reasonalby priced rental from Atlanta to Dallas

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 14, 2019
I am flying into Atlanta on 3/17 and out of Dallas on 3/25. The rental prices are obscenly high for this right now. Any tips on finding the cheapest price? I see a company named Sixt that I have never heard of - is that reputable? It also looks like some companies post a cheaper price but in reading the fine print it looks like there could be large fees that they are not including in their price and I do not want any surprises.

Also - in college I had a friend who used to drive cars for dealerships from one city to another - is this still done? How would I find such an opportunity?

Thank you

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have a lot of complaints about Sixt. Do you have a Costco membership? AARP? That’s where I find the prices.

Or you can google “car rental discount codes” and you make be able to find a code.

The problem is drop off fees if you aren’t returning it to the same place you pick it up and there’s really not much you can do about that.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Sixt is a rental car company based in Europe; they've been around for a while. You may want to look at alternates like trains or busses. One-way rentals can be very expensive; the big companies have their own ways of figuring those rates out. I would not be comfortable that the rate you are quoted is the rate they will ultimately charge you. Rental car companies have been on a tear over the last few years to cheat their customers. If you have a strong credit card, that may help.