Long term car rental in France

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 28, 2018
Hi, does anyone have any advice about renting a car in France for 2 months? What would be a cheaper option than the usual car rental companies?
Thank you.

Jan 19, 2018
I have been taking a short-term lease in France for every summer (usually 50-52 days) for over 20 yrs. Wonderful experience. Brand new car right at airport. Do not need to return with gas in tank. Requires no additional insurance. Your immediate family allowed to drive car at no additional charge. One big caveat is that you need to book at least 6 weeks in advance, 3+months is better, as the cars need to be ordered from the manufacturer. There are 3 programs that I know of: Peugeot, Renault and Citroen. I have had the best luck with Peugeot through Kemwel .com (or autoeurope.com they are identical) and renaultusa.com when Peugeot did not hava availability for the model I wanted. We are a family of 5 with 3 young men at 6"4". I always get a Peugeot Partner which fits all of us (best if only 4) AND luggage yet is rather compact for driving through narrow streets. Prices have ranged from $1,400-$1,800 for 50-52 days depending on the US/Euro exchange rate . There are other companies that come and go, google "short-term car lease France" but I have used these 3 (especially Kemwel, I call them and usually get a better price as a long-term customer) wit ABSOLUTELY no complaints.
PS be sure to buy trip insurance in case you need to cancel after their cancelation window and some credit cards do not recognize these companies as "car rental" for bonus pts. Chase does not, Citi does, not sure about Amex

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Wow, Carol, I am saving this for myself! Do any of them offer automatic transmissions??