Locked out of amazon account.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 2, 2018
So I tried ordering something with a gift card and it had me put in a credit card for idk what.
Didn't have one so I my dumba## went and put a virtual credit card. You know those fake ones. So i accidentally skipped by the un checking where it says "Billing Adress same as shipping address" and pressed confirm order. And just when i thought i was in the clear i got shot with the locked account email asking for me to verify the details on the VCC.

So yeah there's that. What should i say to support? That I tried using a Virtual Credit Card or??

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Amazon requires a way to verify your legal address. That can’t be done with a virtual credit card. That’s why they ask for a credit card.

We have multiple posts about folks being locked out of their Amazon accounts in similar situations. Please take a look at the advice on those posts on how to write to Amazon.