Locked and money stolen

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 20, 2018
Last year I put a 40 dollar gift card on my account. Got it from dollar general. I tried to buy something and it locked me out. Said a bunch of things and then said its because I had another account locked. This was my first and only account though. Kept calling and talking to them and filling the emails out. Sent proof I got the card and everything. I have done literally all they asked. Still locked and they still have my 40 dollars. Its almost 2019. I got the card in 2017.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Last year I put a 40 dollar gift card on my account. Got it from dollar general. I tried to buy something and it locked me out. Said a bunch of things and then said its because I had another account locked. This was my first and only account though. Kept calling and talking to them and filling the emails out. Sent proof I got the card and everything. I have done literally all they asked. Still locked and they still have my 40 dollars. Its almost 2019. I got the card in 2017.
Dollar General appears to be an authorized seller of amazon gift cards. When you buy a card that is hanging on a rack in a store you may be getting a card that has been tampered with and had the codes retrieved and then recoated. The card will then have no value. Most of the complaints on this forum about Amazon have to do with gifts cards and closed accounts.
https://forum.elliott.org/search/190238/?q=amazon&o=date

You can reach out to Amazon cust serv using these contacts: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/amazon/
Try to reopen your account; the $40 may be gone.