LLC annual insurance cover

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 11, 2019
Hello team!

My small educational travel tour operator company has just registered as an LLC in the USA.

The process to get LLC annual cover for our operations is a minefield in comparison to Europe, yet our European insurers will not touch the US with extended coverage as we do with all other countries of operation.

The question then, is can anybody please recommend a reputable insurance company who may be able to offer us annual company liability insurance in the states?

We run school trips for groups of 10-100 x 14-18 year old students, principally in NYC and New York state.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Best wishes,
Simon

Jun 11, 2019
HI Neil

Thanks for your response. We are fast learning about the complications in NY state!
I would be unsure on the exact difference but I would have thought we are in need of Errors and Omissions insurance.
We only run a handful of trips per year and our staff in the States are all short-term contractors.

Thanks for your help - really appreciate it!
Simon

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
There are several companies that handle E and O insurance in NY for travel agencies. We use Berkshire Hathaway, there is also Berkeley and there are also many insurance brokers in NY that have Commercial Policies that might cover you. Do a Google search for “commercial insurance brokers in NY” for one near you.

Because you do your own tours it will be expensive because you’ll need more just E and O- you will need liability in case someone is hurt or passes away on one of your tours.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
We use Hartford for our liability coverage in California. I'd give them a call to discuss what they have and what you need. I'm sure there are many more companies. I'll do a search and come back to you. In what state did you register your LLC?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Just as I suspected, there's a TON of garbage out on the internet. I'm not sure how Errors and Omissions enters into the mix; I looked for liability as you requested. I recommend that you go with one of the well-known companies ... you can always shop for better rates at renewal time. You can call GEICO, Nationwide, Farmers or State Farm. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.