Lincoln Runaway Heater

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 18, 2018
I own a 2014 Lincoln MKS with 62000 miles. In Feb of this year I was driving to dinner with my wife and the heater came on and gradually reached full blast at it's hottest temp. I turned it off, and by itself came back on again. I took it in to my local Ford dealer. (Kisselback Ford in St Cloud, Fl) They diagnosed it and said it was a faulty FCIM(front control interface module). They tried to order one but found it was on backorder. I waited a couple months talking to the dealer every week or so. Mind you this is Florida and with a heater at full blast the car is virtually undrivable. Touched base with Lincoln and my concierge Jonathan was very nice and reached out to the dealer trying to get something done. Both said their hands were tied and waiting for the National back order to clear. Then last week Jonathan(from Lincoln) called and told me the part had been deemed obsolete thus discontinued and there was nothing Lincoln or Ford could do. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my arms around the fact that a 2014, 4 yr old, vehicle has a part so critical to the comfort of it's passengers and it's been discontinued. With no end solution. And in Florida like I said you can't drive it in the summer. Jonathan(Lincoln) knew of 4 cases they were working at the same time they were working mine. Plus I've run across 4 or 5 others on different forums I've researched that are having the same problem. I've been a Lincoln and Ford owner many times in the past and have always loved the Ford product. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time

John

Xxx-xxx-xxxx

Edited by a moderator to remove telephone number

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 18, 2018
It's part #EA5T-18A802-AD and was on national backorder for 6 mos. Then lincoln told me the part had been discontinued. I've tried 4 different Lincoln and Ford dealers. The Ford dealer told me if I could get the part they'd put it in.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
It's part #EA5T-18A802-AD and was on national backorder for 6 mos. Then lincoln told me the part had been discontinued. I've tried 4 different Lincoln and Ford dealers. The Ford dealer told me if I could get the part they'd put it in.
How often do you really use the heater? Your mechanic can bypass it so you will not get heat. This will at least fix the overheating issue until you can find a used or remanufactured part.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
John, Lincolns are known for electrical issues. Complex, weird electrical issues. My brother has had many of them while driving limo, they're not reliable when it comes to electronics, and of course the whole vehicle is electronic. I drove a 2000 Navigator for 13 years, and the tricks he pulled nobody would believe. I loved that truck. I have a great independent mechanic, and he mostly kept me out of trouble ... but I got up one morning at 530 and my husband told me my truck was running, but the key was on my desk and the motor was silent. I opened his door to find the heater on full, the driver's window rolled up and down several times and the radio came blasting on. The little darling was doing these tricks all by himself. That was the end of him, we donated him to the local volunteer fire/rescue guys and everyone is happy. "Everyone" says that LincoIns have terrible electrical issues. I suggest you find yourself a different vehicle while your Lincoln is still low mileage and has value as a trade-in. I don't think you can win this game.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
John, Lincolns are known for electrical issues. Complex, weird electrical issues. My brother has had many of them while driving limo, they're not reliable when it comes to electronics, and of course the whole vehicle is electronic. I drove a 2000 Navigator for 13 years, and the tricks he pulled nobody would believe. I loved that truck. I have a great independent mechanic, and he mostly kept me out of trouble ... but I got up one morning at 530 and my husband told me my truck was running, but the key was on my desk and the motor was silent. I opened his door to find the heater on full, the driver's window rolled up and down several times and the radio came blasting on. The little darling was doing these tricks all by himself. That was the end of him, we donated him to the local volunteer fire/rescue guys and everyone is happy. "Everyone" says that LincoIns have terrible electrical issues. I suggest you find yourself a different vehicle while your Lincoln is still low mileage and has value as a trade-in. I don't think you can win this game.
Trade in value ~$14K, and that is with functioning heat.

Sep 18, 2018
The heater requires hot water from the radiator-this can be bypassed without affecting the AC.
What about the fan going full on? Ill ask my mechanic about disconnecting the heater and see if thats feasible without disconnecting the temp control for the a/c. thanks