LG OLED65C6P BROKEN IN LESS THAN 3 YEARS

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 12, 2019
We are very disappointed that our $4,000 LG Oled TV broke within 3 years and out of warranty. The repair co. thought it may need a new board but when they put the new board in the panel overheated. Repair company said it's not worth it to replace a panel. Might as well get a new TV. I am surprised at the unreliability of the LG TV. Of course, when we purchased it in Best Buy the salesman told us how great the quality is. I have written and Tweeted to customer support and the executives on this website but the only responses I have received say, "sorry - if it's out of warranty they can't help me". Really kicking ourselves for paying so much for a TV. We really loved the picture while we had it. But one day the screen just went black and that's that. A TV at that cost should surely last more than 3 years.

Jun 12, 2019
I was asking LG to offer me some sort of credit or compensation for the TV. Either pay for the repair or offer me a credit to buy a new TV. I'm not sure what Elliott Advocacy can do for me. I have never posted on this forum before.

May 1, 2018
If it's out of warranty then LG isn't going to provide you any relief. Same goes for every other company in every other industry. No company will repair or replace out-of-warranty products for free. Sorry.

If you want a guarantee that a TV (or anything else) will last 3+ years, you need to buy an extended warranty.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
When you bought your TV the OLED technology was relatively new. New tech has teething problems. If you are an early adopter of new tech you pay a premium price and risk early problems.
The good news is that the same TV is now selling for ~1/2 what you paid for it.
You should shop around for another brand. You can consider an extended warranty but these are generally not a good buy as the cost of a replacement will drop dramatically in a few years.

You can approach LG via these contacts: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/lg/
If they give you a credit it will require you to buy another LG.

Jun 12, 2019
I did not purchase an extended warranty because figured a repair would cost as much as the premium. Had no idea the repair would cost as much as a new TV. I really wouldn't want to purchase a new LG but I hate the feeling that I threw away $4,000. I contacted all the contacts posted on the website. No responses from email address contacts. Customer service says sorry, not sorry.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I did not purchase an extended warranty because figured a repair would cost as much as the premium. Had no idea the repair would cost as much as a new TV. I really wouldn't want to purchase a new LG but I hate the feeling that I threw away $4,000. I contacted all the contacts posted on the website. No responses from email address contacts. Customer service says sorry, not sorry.
Current TVs are basically not designed to be repaired. They are expected to be replaced. Some will have a shorter life span, like yours, but others will last much longer. I have two LED/LCD "S" brand TVs purchased in 2009. They still work just fine; I can't justify replacing them just because the new ones are 4K UHD instead of the lowly 2K HD. Their replacement cost (for newer technology) is about 25% of what I paid in 2009.

Replace your current TV with another brand and don't elect to get all the "bells & whistles" which most people never use. If you compare side-by-side picture quality from the lowest priced to the highest priced model of the same manufacturer you will have difficulty picking out the highest priced model.

May 1, 2018
You purchased a luxury lifestyle product. A decent TV could have been purchased for a quarter of what you paid. It's not a secret that maintenance, repairs, and general upkeep costs often exceed the purchase price for luxury goods. As @[B]weihlac[/B] mentions, you were an early adopter of OLED technology. Early adopters want the latest tech at all costs; reliability is not a factor in the purchase decision. If you want something that's going to be reliable, you need to purchase a mature technology. This goes for everything whether it be TVs, cars, phones, etc.