LG Customer Service

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 17, 2019
I wanted to post a positive story about customer service.

On January 23, 2018 I bought a new LG refrigerator to replace my old Kenmore. It was a fairly expensive ($2500) model, and had very good reviews.

Over the first 9 months there were three occasions when I would find that temperature control had reset itself to the default freezer and refrigerator temperatures. After the third time I contacted LG Warranty Service, and they sent out a technician to look at it.

The tech said he'd never seen a problem like this. He checked the diagnostics but couldn't localize the problem. He removed a clear plastic shipping film from the front control panel that the original installers had missed, and said that was possible the cause of the problem, but he couldn't be sure. He said that if it happened again they would replace a specific control module. I joked that they way my luck runs it would probably do it again as soon as the warranty expired.

Well, on February 1, 2019 it did it again. I contacted LG Warranty Support, and was told that a one year warranty means one year, not one year and 9m days. Said they could schedule a service call but that I would be responsible for the entire cost of the repair.

As you would expect, I was a little disappointed with that response, so yesterday I wrote a short and polite email to one of the names on the Elliot LG contact list, Mr. Bill Lange. I got an out of office responder.

This morning I got an email from him apologizing for my problem. He told me he was forwarding my email to the LG Executive Services team. About 20 minutes ago I got a call from one of the team members who said that LG will cover any service/repaid costs under warranty and set up a service call for this coming Wednesday.

I don't know if anyone here has had a bad experience with LG, but mine was certainly a very positive one. This has done a lot to make me a loyal LG customer. I am very pleased with the way they handled this.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
WAY TO GO!!!!!!! Thanks so much for letting us know. I have many LG products and have never had an issue, so I'm glad they did the right thing here. Isn't it amazing how helpful people can be when you ask them nicely for something? Well done.